What Now

Takeshi's POV

I heard a step, felt a presence, and froze my thoughts.

He's here. Behind me. And I hadn't thought this far ahead. Don't do anything

I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't thought of what to actually say or act around him.

I do not want a master/slave relationship. He is too precious to me. I want a loving and trusting relationship.

Before I knew it, my body was on its own. I couldn't for myself to be physically bound to this earth. I was  in my own head living through scenario after scenario. All ideals of being cool and collected ff replaced by a rush of thoughts and emotions that were completely opposite of my original plan.

As I could hear the steps that were approaching me come to a halt behind me my heart just stopped as I snapped my book shut  with one hand and started turning around looking up saying the first most stupid ridiculous cliché phrase in the history of opening phrases

"Well. Well. Well. I've been expecting yo-". All of my plans are now completely gone and I have to reevaluate my life choices because once our eyes met, not only did my heart stop beating I feel like I was also praying dead.

This little perfect fucking gahhhhh angel literally killed me.

Well, at least I died happily.

But I don't wanna die. I wanna hold him and see him smile.

At the moment he stood before me looking meek and afraid, but also confused.

I was also unsure of how to proceed. The situation has now been more derailed than the train of thought.

Lost in my mind, I noticed he was looking at me. At first, I thought he was looking at me as if I was crazy.

Then I feared it was a look of fear. I started to get up to apologize when his expression deepened and became one of confusion.

Of course, he has never encountered a situation like this! How would he know how to respond!? I wouldn't even know how to respond!

"Shiro I'm so sorry. For everything that has happened to you. But you need to understand and trust that no harm shall come to you here. I will explain more as time goes on but first, come sit next to me if you are comfortable. If not you may take the seat next to the table and place it across from me if you like". I spoke as I would to a client's child with a cautious air about me.

I have no clue where these words came from but they sounded like the right thing to say.

Shiro visibly relaxed a bit and decided to sit next to me.

I handed him his glass and poured it for him.

Partially because I was scared he was too weak to lift the picture. He looked so frail and fragile. More so than my old mad before he passed. I seriously don't want him to do a thing. I would either do everything for him or hire someone. But I also trust no one but my three friends. And even then I want no one but myself to see him in any... vulnerable way.

As he took a sip I started talking again.

"Is there anything that you want to know or have questions about? I do not want us to have a master/slave relationship and I will answer anything as long as it doesn't put anyone in danger or overwhelm you". I didn't want to scare him away.

He looked at the glass as he thought carefully about what he was going to say. This only made me more nervous. I know I need patience but I wanted him to feel comfortable, safe, and open around me. This would take time but I know that this would let me have a better chance of getting close to him.