christmas, 2011.

That's Mel..

CHAPTER TENCHRISTMAS, 2011!

CHAPTER TEN
CHRISTMAS, 2011!

9 years ago

An 18-year-old Aella, a 12-year-old Jax, and a 16-year-old Melanie were sitting in their father's office on Christmas morning. Rather than opening presents or hearing good news; their mother had been kidnapped.

"But what happened? How did they pass the guards?" Aella asks her father as she paces back and forth. "Aella, calm down," Melanie tells her, and Aella growls. "How can I when mom is fucking missing," she says and her father yells her name.

"Aella, sit down," he says in his Alpha voice and she crosses her arms before sitting. The three of them hear Jax whimper and Aella looks at him with a guilty face. Melanie wraps her arms around him. "What if they hurt mom?" He asks and Aella looks at her father.

"I'm sure she's alright," Uriah tells his only son. "Don't lie to him dad! Mom was taken by our enemy and he should know that!" Uriah glares at his eldest.

"He's scared and you should be too, knowing all about our enemy," he spits out the word our. "Dad," Melanie says softly and they look at her.

Melanie sighs, "Have they sent you anything?"

Aella crosses her arms as she looks at her dad. "They want you, Mel, in exchange for her," he says and Aella's eyes widen. "What? How is that fair?" She asks and their father sighs.

"It isn't but I won't matter, they aren't going to get Melanie," he says and Aella stands up. "Why do they even want her? No offense," she mutters the last words but Melanie let out a sob.

Uriah glares at his daughter and she raises her hands, "I said no offense," she squeaks out and Melanie shakes her head. "It isn't that, I-I know why they want me," she says and they look at her. "Mel, why?"

"Jacob...he's my mate," she whispers and Aella looks at her sister in shock. "Mated to the enemy, you have got to be joking," she mutters and Melanie sniffs. "It's my fault, they might kill mom because of me!" She yells and Jax stood up. "Don't say that! We're going to get mom back, right dad?"

Uriah closes his eyes, for once he doesn't know what to do. "Has Jacob ever hurt you?" He asks Melanie and she shakes her head no. "Why haven't you told anyone?" He asks her sadly. "He told me not to," Aella facepalms.

"Idiot," she whispers before looking at her sister. "Any more secrets you're holding?"

"None that I remember," Melanie mutters and Jax clears his throat. "I attacked a bird on my run yesterday," he says and Aella growls. "Completely irrelevant!"

-

Melanie and Jax had left Aella and their father to talk about the situation. Melanie runs to her room and she instantly calls Jacob. The phone rings for 5 seconds and he answered. "Melanie," he coos on the other side of the line. "Do you have my mother?" She asks him and she hears him laugh.

"I do, want to talk to her?" She hears some rustling and she hears some whimpers. "Let me get the tape off her mouth," he says and Melanie hears the tape rip off fast. "Melanie, baby? I'm right here," Melanie hears her mother say with a raspy voice.

"Mommy, I'm so sorry," Melanie chokes out and she hears her mother sniff. "No, honey, it's not your fault," Ayla tells her, and Melanie was quick to run into her father's office. She presses a finger against her lips, telling her father and sister to be quiet.

"Mom, where are you?" She asks her and Ayla sighs. "I don't know."

Aella looks at her sister, "Tell him you'll make the trade, we'll trap him," Aella tells her through the mind link.

"Jacob?" She calls out, "Yes my love?" He teases and Uriah tenses up.

"Me for my mom, right? Please give my family back our mom," Melanie whispers, and Uriah sends his eldest daughter a glare.

"At our spot, midnight, don't bring anyone," he says and Melanie looks down sadly. "Promise me Mel," he adds, knowing she never breaks her promises.

Melanie looks at her sister nervously before crossing her fingers. "I promise." Jacob hangs up and Uriah slams his fists on the table.

"Why did you tell her the plan?" He yells at his daughter and Aella rolls her eyes. "I know what I'm doing dad," she says and he shakes his head.

"That wasn't your decision to make, you aren't Alpha yet," he tells her, and Aella growls.

"I don't need to be an Alpha to know what the fuck I'm doing dad. You really think I would let my sister walk to her death?" Aella yells and she turns towards Melanie. "Where is this spot?"

-

Melanie watched as Jacob, her mother, and 20 rogues walk through the meadow. She stood closer towards the trees and Jacob let Ayla run towards her daughter. "Run, please, I won't let him get you," Ayla says and Melanie hugs her mom. "Neither will they."

"Come on now Mel," he says and Melanie stood in front of her mother. "No," she says sternly and Jacob chuckles. "That's cute, come on, mate," he sneers out the word 'mate'.

"I said no," Melanie said and Jacob glares at her. "You don't have a choice," he tells her, and Aella jumps down from the trees. "Yes, she does," Aella says, Jacob and his 20 Rogues heard almost 100 thuds. The pack's warriors pointed their spears at them.

"I think this is part where you run," Melanie tells her mate softly and he clenches his jaw, "A war you want, a war you'll get," he says before transforming into a wolf. Running with the Rogues. Melanie wipes her tears, Alya kisses her forehead.

"My brave girl," she whispers and they walk home.

-

present

"Alpha, we just received word that Angela Cross was taken," Delta Zane informed Aella and Adonis. "When was this?" Aella asks as they walk into her office.

"Her husband thought she went grocery shopping, that was 5 hours ago," he says and Aella's breath hitches. "Five hours? Get me whatever footage and evidence you have of her disappearance," Aella tells him, he bows his head before leaving.

Aella sighs, rubbing her face, Adonis rubs her back. "He keeps messing with me Adonis," she whispers and shakes his head. "Don't let him win, that's what he wants," he said and her new phone pings, multiple times.

She opens it up and Adonis looks at it from behind her. "Oh my gosh," he whispers and she shakes her head.

Each pack that had supported her during the war, also had someone taken.

-
:)