not very merry.

CHAPTER ELEVENNOT VERY MERRY!

CHAPTER ELEVEN
NOT VERY MERRY!

Adonis

It was finally Christmas and I could tell Aella tried to be happy for the holiday. Truth is, everyone is on edge. "Lala, I got this for you!" Nick yells before handing my fiance a small box. "Thank you Bubba," she says before kissing his cheek.

Her nephew hands me a card before running towards Jax. I open the card, 'fuck you,' was written in it. I look at Jax and he high fives his son. "Thanks," I mutter sarcastically and I hear Aella gasp, "Oh my gosh, Bubba!"

I look at her present, it was a locket and inside was a picture of him and her. "I love it," she says and Nick blushes. I hand her a gift, "Open it," I tell her and she does as told. "Jesus!" She exclaims and she looks at me with wide eyes. "A diamond necklace?" She whisper-yells and I nod.

"Do you like it?" I ask her and she nods. "I love it, thank you," she says and she gives me a kiss that sent shivers down my spine. She gently places 2 wrapped things on my lap, "I hope you like your gift," she tells me and I peck her lips.

I open the first one and it was the picture frame that was in her office, only this time it held a picture of me and her at the ceremony. My eyes water before I look at her, "I love you so much," I whisper and she hugs me. "I love you too," she says and she kisses my cheek.

I open the second box and it was Rolls-Royce car keys, only these were new. "No way," I whisper and she smirks. "Go outside," I run outside and I gasp at the Rolls-Royce Sweptail. "What the fuck!" I jump in excitement before hugging Aella. She laughs and I let out a shaky breath. "Thank you so much."

"Eh."

"You bitch, you did not give him that!" I hear Jax shout and I smirk. "Yes she did," I flip him off and Andy laughs. "Lucky you," he says and I smile, looking back at the car.

-

"Aella, what happened after your mother was returned?" I ask her, remembering the story of 2011 that she told us. "A week after that Ronan had left dead animals on our doorsteps, after that it was Rogues, that went on for a month. He was all talk and no action, he'd do something little once and a while before he took my sister and then sent me her head," she tells me and she tenses up.

"What?" I ask her and she clenches her fists. "I swear, if Jacob touches my family once again I will kill him. We can't wait anymore, I feel like I need to do something," she says and I begin to think. "So far he's doing things from the past, right? Things he and his father did?" She nods.

I look at the clock, it's 11:30 pm.

"What if he also gives Angela back?" I ask her and she thinks. "Do you remember where that meadow is?" I ask, Aella slowly nods. "Then let's go," I say and I stand up, she grabs my wrist and I look at her in confusion.

"What is it?"

She slowly shakes her head, "I don't want him to see you," she tells me and I sit down. "Why?" She places her hand on my cheek. "You're my mate and he's my enemy, he would love to kill you," she says and she presses her lips on mine.

"You're staying here."

-

I was worried, worried about my mate being in the forest with only a little bit of protection.

"Can you stop pacing, Adonis? You're making me dizzy," Ayla says sleepily as she was cuddling Nick on the couch, who was sleeping. "Sorry, it's just, what if something goes wrong? I should have gone-"

"Adonis," she interrupts and I look at her. "They're fine, I can still feel Uriah, can't you feel Aella?" The mate bond, right, still doesn't make me feel better.

"Open that drawer, next to the window," she tells me and I listen, grabbing the one thing that was in there. "A photo album?" I ask her as I hand it to her. "Not just a photo album, the photo album. This right here holds everything, our memory- beginning in '93 to now. Come, sit," she says and I sit next to her.

"Aella, as you know, is my first child so I just had to put so much of her in here. Look," she points at a photo of baby Aella wearing a white dress. I wonder if our future kid will look either like her or more like me.

"She was 4 months there, let's skip to Jax's section, that is where all 3 of my babies are," she says quietly, she skips a few pages and there was a picture that caught my eye. "Where was that?" I ask her while pointing at the picture.

"Alaska, this is was on Jax' 13 birthday," she says and I look at it. It was Aella, who wore no smile while standing next to her brother. A teenage Jax who was holding a dead rabbit and then there was, who I assume, Melanie.

"It's so weird," Ayla said as she pulls me out of my thoughts. "When you become a parent, you feel them tethered down on your soul. And when you lose that child, it's an unbearable loss. When my...baby's head was brought to me...I felt nothing. I refused to believe it," she looks at me.

"I can still feel her-"

The door burst open and they walk through the entrance. I smelled my mate's scent and I see her close the door. "Aella, what happened?" I ask them and she gives me a small smile. "You were right."

She sighs, "Angela was given back to us but she was harmed badly, she was alone and almost lifeless," she whispers and Ayla gasps. "You made it on time?" Aella nods, "Our hospital is taking care of her as we speak. As of now I'm doubling patrols and setting a curfew," she informs us and I follow her.

-

Aella, her parents, and I were in the office when a knock on the office door made us tense. Delta Zane and Jonathan enter the room. "Alpha," they say and Zane places a computer on the desk. "All of the footage was hacked into and we found only one thing," Zane tells us nervously.

"Are you alright?" I ask him and he slowly nods. "Y-yes I am, Lune," liar.

Jonathan looks around the room, clearly looking uncomfortable. I furrow my eyebrows while Zane clicks play, it was a video of a woman placing around in what looked like a cell. "What the hell is this?" Uriah yells and Zane presses pause.

"The feed was playing this, we enhanced the video and...Alpha," he looks at my mate.

"It's Melanie."

-
:)