01 ; first meeting

Adrien's POV

Let him stay there, freeze him in time because nothing had to be more beautiful than watching her play.

He's definitely out of his mind, like the cat his mother loved to compare him to; too often drugged by its curiosity. But this couldn't possibly hurt him.

It's Bach's Allemande from Partita No. 2. He's familiar yet unfamiliar with it at the same time. It's not something his mother would often play. Still, it's there, buried deep in his mind along with the rest.

His over-enthusiasm to be a part of this person's audience made almost no sense to him. Still, Adrien proceeded to find whoever was playing.

He finally finds her, and what he thinks is an unnecessary feeling washes over him.

She's sitting on one of the famed benches of Place des Vosges, playing without caring for the world.

He leans on a nearby tree with no other intention but to indulge in the music.

Somehow, he fails to notice locking eyes with her somewhere along the line. Nonetheless, he allows her to stare into his soul-pacific blue eyes meeting electric green.

"Hi." Realization suddenly hits him, and naturally, he's beet red everywhere.

"What?" She only chuckles at his oblivion, which does nothing to help his speeding heart.

"I can't decide whether you were stalking me or not, so I guess I'll just have to ask you to be honest with me." She stands, holding her violin by its neck, and he's now only noticing just how close they are.

"So?" When he doesn't answer, she offers him a smile before turning to start packing up.

"It was nice." She lifts her head to look at him.

"Thank you." It's genuine yet bold like she's used to it.

"It'd be lying to say it wasn't brilliant."

"That's Bach, right?" He asks, and she nods.

"Actually, I should be practicing another piece, but I guess I just really like it." They both fall silent before she somewhat confuses him with her sigh.

She throws the violin's case over her shoulder, and he immediately knows what that means. "I have to go now. I'll see you at school."

His brows furrow deep, but on the off chance that they've encountered each other before, he'll have to think about it later. It's lunch, and he's got plans.

<>

It was just the end of the school day. Weirdly enough, he didn't have to go home immediately.

On days like these, he would make a detour for the Eiffel tower as if he doesn't see it every day. Though it was far, he would enjoy every bit of this freedom. Anyone who lives to prove themselves would.

Dark hair caught his eye, something he wasn't expecting to happen until further notice. It was her again, but with a grimace that he would do anything to remove.

She guided herself to a bench before propping up a leg to her chest, and before he knew it, he was sitting beside her.

They didn't make any eye contact like spies in the movies. She dropped her leg and leaned back on the bench, partially to acknowledge his presence.

"Do we know each other?" He says, breaking the holy silence, only to be met by it once again.

"No, not one bit."

"So," she stands, looking at him and offering a credulous smile.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and you?" He licked his lips before swallowing to help his throat.

"Adrien Agreste," he says with confidence.

"Well then, nice to meet you, Adrien Agreste. Do you want to go to a cafe? I'm famished," she says all too casually. She was without a doubt the temptation for an adventure.