Chapter 24

"Zarinna," She heard a faint voice, "Zarinna, wake up

"Zarinna," She heard a faint voice, "Zarinna, wake up. We've already arrived,"

Zarinna's eyes flickered open, her consciousness coming back as she heard Gina's voice. In an instant she jolted upright, gazing through the window as the realization struck. They're back in Kin-iway.

"I'm sorry," She yawned and stretched her back, "Let's go." She probed the bus with her gaze, "By the way where's Sis Lauren?"

"Ah, she already went home. Her father came to fetch her. She just left like 2 minutes ago," Gina informed, taking her bag in her hand as she stood up.

"I see," Zarinna rose to her feet, yawning once more as she reached for her bag.

"You seem really really tired Zarinna," Gina remarked, smiling as they went down the bus.

"Yeah," Zarinna blew out a sigh, "It's been really exhausting for the past few days, but..."

"But?"

"I loved it."

A smile adorned Gina's lips as she heard Zarinna's response. "I'm sure you have. This was your very first mission trip, right?"

"Yeah," Zarinna nodded, "Ever since that camping which I literally sucked in, I thought this mission trip would have the same effect. Turns out, it didn't."

Gina chuckled as she spoke, "Well, you may be bad in the outdoors but when one enjoys serving God, I believe the latter will be overshadowed."

Zarinna nodded in assent, "That's really profound," She slightly slapped Gina's arm, "Who knew I had a philosopher of a best friend?"

"Oh come on!" Gina chided, "You know I hate Social Studies stuff,"

"Oh?" Zarinna remarked sarcastically.

"Ladies!" Jake's voice came in contact with their ears, "Dad's already here let's get in the car. Pastor Nestor and David will use the motorcycle."

"Okay!" Gina replied, walking in haste as they followed behind the young man.

"By the way what time is it already?" Zarinna asked.

Gina lifted her wrist, gazing down at her watch before she spoke, "Exactly 10: 20 pm. We'll probably reach the church by 10:40,"

"Ahy," Zarinna released a long sigh, "We have to get as much sleep tonight. Tomorrow's the last day of the semestral break."

"Ugh," Gina groaned, opening the car's door as they went in, "I know right? One week vacations go by so fast for us DepEd teachers."

The two chatted along as the car began to advance, and after a few minutes, the view of the Church gate occupied Zarinna's vision. David's motorcycle was already parked on the side of the church lawn, and bright light glowed through the church's window.