Chapter 31

BONUS CHAPTER!
Dedicated to kiaorion17

Zarinna never thought she'll ever have the courage to come back

Zarinna never thought she'll ever have the courage to come back. After all that had happened, after all this time, somehow she still felt reluctant. How would they welcome her? Would they still be as hateful? For a moment the presence of David before her washed a wave of relief over her throbbing heart.

"This is it," She spoke up, causing David to pull the motorcycle to a full-stop beside a two-story concrete building. The building was a government establishment, and despite not being able to come here for a long time, Zarinna recognized it all. The white walls, the pathway that seemed to never be rid of leaves, the stairs going down the church. It was all clear, and upon seeing it again, all the memories came back. It was her church - the church she'd been revived and trained, the church where she had failed.

"Go on ahead down, dear, I'll find a place to park this."

Zarinna nodded, stepping down the motorcycle and taking her helmet off, "Don't take too long, okay?"

With a smile, David nodded and advanced his motorcycle. Zarinna took in a breath, summoning the courage she would need to face her church mates once more. Cold wind blew against her skin as she advanced, causing a chill down her spine as she went down the stairs. She could already begin to hear the faint sound of music, the voices that the mic had amplified.

She paused in her steps, organizing the cluttered thoughts in her mind as she sought to find peace. Lord, You have given me a testimony, so let You Spirit attest for me today of the mighty things You have done.

Pulling her lips to a smile, she stepped down the last step, composing herself as she neared the bifold doors.

For so many years she'd walked through these doors a sinful woman, and now, indescribable gratefulness surged her heart that she was no longer that way, no longer an adulterer. The fact was riveting - she is restored. Made new once more.

A woman of familiar features met her gaze as she stood before the door, her fare seemingly flawless countenance becoming clearer as she approached.

"Zarinna?" Wonder was painted in the woman's face, "Zarinna is that you?" She came to a full stop before her, a look on her face that Zarinna could not analyze.

"Yes, Clara," She confirmed, "It's me."

"Oh my gosh!" A smile adorned the girl's lips, so different from the scowl she always wore whenever Zarinna was around, "It's been so long! Come, let's get inside!"

Zarinna nodded gladly at her invitation, stepping inside the church at her bidding, "Thank you,"

"Are you alone?" Clara asked, leading her towards the main hall.

"Uh, no. I 'm with someone, he'll be her-"

"Zarinna!" Her gaze lifted as she heard the familiar voice, and upon meeting his gaze a smile adorned her lips.