Chapter 26

"David!" Zarinna's whimpers turned into screams as the man lay atop her unconscious, she gazed down the child in their midst, her face marred by charcoal

"David!" Zarinna's whimpers turned into screams as the man lay atop her unconscious, she gazed down the child in their midst, her face marred by charcoal. She felt an intense sting of pain as the fire raged beside her. Oh God, deliver us!

"Help!" She yelled, her gaze towards the door, "Help, please!!!" Faint voices became eminent as she saw shadows approach, and to her relief she saw men in uniform barge through the blocked door.

"Oh thank You, Jesus," She whispered, watching carefully as they lifted the metal bar from David's back, revealing all the more the blood that flowed to his chest and arms. She averted her gaze, unable to sustain the courage to perceive his bleeding flesh. A man took the child from her arms, supporting her up as the others carried David outside the building.

The sound of an ambulance ringed in her ears as they stepped out, allowing a breath of fresh air to fill her lungs. She turned towards the men, her gaze anchored on David as they laid him on a stretcher.

"S-sir?" She frantically approached and tapped the nearest personnel, "He's going to be okay, isn't he?" The man simply lowered her gaze and tapped her shoulders.

"We're not sure yet, but its looks like he's losing a lot of blood." His words sent a wave of nervosity over her. She swallowed with difficulty. "Let's get into the ambulance Ma'am. The man needs to be brought to the hospital, quick."

Zarinna shifted in her seat anxiously, her fingers fiddling the bloodied hem of her shirt - his blood

Zarinna shifted in her seat anxiously, her fingers fiddling the bloodied hem of her shirt - his blood. Her mind flew to places she didn't want, creating imaginations in her head of things she feared. She stood to her feet, placing a hand on her chest as she paced the floor.

Oh, Lord... she buried her face in her palms, please, please sustain him!

The door swung open, tearing Zarinna from her thoughts. Immediately she rushed towards the doctor, her gaze alone demanding an answer.

"Doctor? How is he?" She asked, distress ringing from her voice. "Is he okay?"

The doctor turned towards her, a small smile upon his lips, "He's okay, Ma'am. Possibilities of infection is greatly reduced since we've successfully removed the shards of metal that pierced through his skin," A sigh of relief escaped her lips at the doctors word, "He's already transferred to a private room you can go see him now."