chapter 6:

(changbin's pov)
"why the fuck does she keep running off like that? and why do i care it's none of my business" i said to myself in frustration, it really was best for me not to talk to her but it was so hard not to. "changbin-ah why are you so sensitive" i said to myself once more and stood up from the seat. i went down the stairs only to realize y/n was gone and nowhere to be found.

"tch she's such a kid" i said while puttin my earphones in my ears, i decided to listen to a demo i created a while ago. i just needed to finish the lyrics but i completely ran out of ideas, but who or what is gonna inspire me? i started walking around thinking that this shitty place was gonna give me an idea. i saw a familiar face running in the distance t-towards me?

it was kyung, "CHANGBIN" he called out as his pace started getting slower and slower. "dude are you okay?" i asked while he looked like he was about to fall so i let him rest his hand on my shoulder, "i'm n-not o-okay" he sounded weak. "kyung-ah lets go to a cafe and talk about it okay?" i reassured. i was worried for kyung, i always knew he was a big softie even in highschool , he always acted tough around everyone but only managed to open up to me and no one else.

except he never talked about y/n and it's been almost 5 years, we walked to the nearest cafe and ordered drinks as well to try and make him feel more comfortable. "let's talk it out okay kyung?" i reassured as i put my hands on his shoulders to make him know that i was there for him. "i-it's about my father" he added "continue at your own pace" i say cause he looked uncomfortable, his breathing started to get steady as he looked at me in the eyes, "he wouldn't let go of the grudge between him and y/n, i moved on from that but he hasn't" he said concerned while i nodded my head to make sure he knows i was listening.

"i didn't intend on being harsh on y/n but my father told me to, you see her father and my father were friends back then. but they let a girl get in between their friendship which was y/n's mother" he said with tears building up in his eyes, "he wanted me to be happy with y/n, but when he found out that she was only with me to save her mother he was outraged and said 'SHE IS SPENDING MY MONEY ON THE WOMAN THAT RUINED OUR FRIENDSHIP?' and then continued to talk about how much he hated y/n's mother" "kyung, i may not know what you've gone through but just know that everything is gonna be okay. you don't have to do as your father said you're an adult now with a stable job and your own apartment you don't have to rely on him anymore" i explained to him as he wiped his tears.

"thank you so much changbin i cant imagine how bad of a state i'd be in without you, thank you dude" he said while giving a pat on my shoulder while taking a sip of his drink, "it's on me don't worry, i'm sorry for the trouble i put you in" kyung smiled as he got up to pay for everything. i took mine and started to remember y/n, what does his dad plan to do to her?

i tried taking my mind off of it but my curiosity just got bigger, "kyung-ah i gotta go, i'll see you around next time" i said as i patted his shoulder and headed off. at this point it was already around 5:00 pm so i decided to go to the park again but this time i wanted to see the tree again.

i started walking to the subway as it was the cheapest way to get to the park without my legs dying, i started walking and walking not really paying attention to much as i was listening to the demo thinking of an inspiration for a title and lyrics.

i was so caught up on thinking i didn't even know where i was walking and bumped into a streetlight, "ow what the fuck—" i said until it hit me, not only literally but it hit me. a streetlight, something that stands vacantly and smiles brightly giving others a sense of direction and comfort in the dark.

i looked at it some more and took the book out of my bag along with a pen to write some lyrics,

"like a streetlight
like a streetlight
in the middle of a lonely night
i just look bright
after the end of a lonely day
and you're gonna stand there
in the middle of a lonely night
and try to smile brightly"

i started writing down on my book, i sighed "no one really gets to thank you for doing this much for us huh?" i said to myself. "thank you" i said quietly, "no one knows how long you've been standing here and giving us some light in the darkness, i'd hug this streetlight right now but everyone will stare" i laughed to myself and gave it a pat before walking more.

i made it to the subway station and waited for the train, i tried thinking of more lyrics but i just don't know what to base them off of. i mean i experienced a lot but it's like i couldn't get the words out of my mouth, i figured i just had to wait for the words to come out so i kept on thinking about it on the way and in the park.

(time skip to the park)
i arrived at the park and started walking towards the tree my mother put a carving on when i was young, i couldn't believe it's already been 13 years since that day. i looked at it and remembered all the good times my mother and i had together before my father passed away, "why do people have to change for the worst?" i said to myself and formed a weak smile while tracing the carving with my finger.

"some people change for the worse or best, we can't really change their minds as the voices in their head blocks out the reality and makes them unable to see what chaos/goodness they've caused" i heard another familiar voice behind me, i turned around to see no one other than y/n.

"what are you doing here?" i asked "yOu LoOkED lOnELy" she mocked while laughing at me, "haha so funny" i said sarcastically. "also how would you know the way people change?" i asked her.

"i've been alone for so long i just notice it, not only with everyone but even myself"