chapter 7:

(y/n's pov)
"changbin are you okay?" i asked him with a concerned look, "wHY wOuLD YoU cARe?" he mocked. "on the way here i saw you bump into a streetlight,stared at it and talked to it" changbin looked surprised and laughed, "but that doesn't mean i'm not okay" he replied. "changbin i deadass just saw you talking to a tree" i rolled my eyes and sat down, i tapped the ground next to me telling him to sit.

he sat down and looked at me, even though he had a smirk on his face i could tell deep down he wasn't happy at all, "but for real though, are you okay?" i asked him. he looked shocked as if i was the first one to ask him that, "i-i'm fine" he shrugged off and reached into his bag for his notebook. i stopped his hand and i looked concerned, "changbin, i'm serious i know you aren't okay" i put my hand on his shoulder "i'm here for you alright? cmon you can tell me" i say with sincerity.

i know for a fact that i wasn't kidding, i was genuinely concerned for him. he looked doubtful, "i may not be a person who people can rely on, but it hurts me seeing others in pain, you can take your time i'm here to listen" i added, i felt proud of myself as those words were new to me. "what about you y/n? you literally live in constant danger not knowing when your last day is, both of us are in pain" he looked almost sorry for me, "the difference is that you don't deserve the pain while i do"

i was on the verge of tears cause it's true, "y/n, no one deserves pain" he added. "you may have made bad decisions but it's not too late to turn around is it?" he looked at me and held my hand. i felt calm around him, i started tearing up from all the pain that's built up over the past 5+ years. i held my knees close and kept my head down as i was embarrassed to look at him, he scooted closer to me and tried seeing my face. "w-why d-do i-i e-even t-try" i stuttered, i looked up to see changbin teary eyed.

he held me close and pulled me into a hug, i got shocked as i don't even remember the last time i got one, "y-y/n d-don't c-cry" he said between sniffles. i wiped my tears and looked at him, "enough crying okay? let's both talk our problems out" i reassured him. changbin looked like he was in verge of breaking down, "changbin what's wrong?" i asked him as i put my hands on his shoulders for support.

(changbin's pov)
i felt embarrassed for crying in front of someone, especially y/n but i felt calm. for the first time in ever someone asked me if i was okay and reassuring that they're there for me, when y/n put her hands on my shoulder i felt overwhelmed. i felt comfort from her, "i looked at that streetlight and it hit me" i said looking at her, "literally yes but what i mean is that i want to be someone who can shine brightly and give people a sense of direction,comfort and light in the dark" i said and she nodded her head.

"i just want to be that type of person" i said while leaning on to her shoulder, "changbin, you are that type of person, you've helped so many people around you and even me? out of all people" she smiled and reassured. i felt safe even though everyone told me she was a sociopath, i was scared to put in effort since everything that happened in the past but i can't let y/n down and i hope she doesn't let me down either.

(y/n's pov)
"you know, i used that same metaphor of a streetlight" i chuckled and changbin looked at me, "great minds think alike don't they?" he smirked. "except i feel like a broken one, i just stand there useless and just bring darkness. people run into me and just wish i never existed" i was the one leaned onto his shoulders this time.

"don't think like that" i looked at him and sighed, "look at the state i'm in, i'm broken" i said while trying my hardest not to cry again. "y/n i may not have experienced what it's like to live even a day in your life, but what i do know is that hard times pass it just takes time" he reassured, i actually felt safe for once even though we didn't know each other well. i actually had hope that things were going to get better, and i was determined to put effort for the both of us to balance each other out.

"changbin?" i called him, he hummed in response. "does this tree mean anything to you? you don't have to tell me if you don't want to" i asked him, he looked at me then he looked down and said "my mom made an engraving here saying that we're always gonna love each other no matter what". i felt sorry as i know what is also feels like to have someone taken away from you whether it's physical or emotional.

"she stopped putting effort and i just gave up" he continued as his head still hung low, he reached into his bag for a pen and his notebook. he flipped the pages to the lyrics i read from when we first met, "do you mind if i see it?" i asked trying to lighten up the mood. "knock yourself out" he said while handing it to me, i read the lyrics and noticed it wasn't done yet. "you need help with this?" i asked him, his eyes lit up and looked over.

"i cant figure out what to write, it's like the pain is so overwhelming i can't even think straight it feels numb" he said in frustration, it clicked i had an idea. "you rap right?" i asked him and he nodded, "give me the pen" i said and he handed it to me so easily. "what would you know about this?" he asked "changbin trust me" i said as i started writing down in the book.
"when you hold it in as much as you can you grow numb to it. i guess i can still take more, because i can still hold it back. a bandaid over a wound will always fall I put this on in a rush but it really fell off quickly. the rain water pools on top of this worn roof, and it knows me all too well slipping in through all the cracks. i need someone before i collapse, ask me again if i'm okay, please, anybody..."

i wrote and changbin looked at me in shock, "i-its like you took those words right out of my mouth even without me knowing" he looked confused,

"i guess i've been alone for so long i just use my time to think"