Close Calls & Chasing Remembralls

CHAPTER SIX:
(A/N: Let's just ignore the title lmfao... my rhyming skills are faltering)

Third Person P.OV.:

The young Gryffindors walked out to the castle grounds to start their flying lesson with Madame Hooch. Just like for Potions, the Gryffindors were accompanied by the Slytherins, which sucked.

After everything that had happened with his father, Charlie didn't even want to listen to Draco Malfoy speak, let alone be in the same area as him for an hour. The young boy engaged in conversation with his fellow Gryffindors until he saw Madame Hooch walk out on to the grounds with a bag full of broomsticks.

As he saw what she was carrying, Charlie's face lit up. Flying was one of the things he was most looking forward to. He has flown before, however. Every now and then, he would secretly join Oliver Wood, Angelina Johnson and Fred and George Weasley while they were practicing for Quidditch. With Fred and George as beaters, and Wood as the keeper, Charlie would play the position of the chaser with Angelina.

It was frowned upon that he play with them, but he didn't tell anyone about it and neither did his friends. They would play without caring about the consequences. Quidditch had always been one of Charlie's favourite things about the Wizard World. Every once in a while he would convince Dumbledore to watch a match with him and the two would bond over their love of a specific team. The young boy treasured moments like those. Those simple moments. The ones that matter.

Madame Hooch has instructed her students to form lines facing one another. Gryffindor on one side and Slytherin on the other. There each student stood with a broom laid out on the ground to the right of them.

"Good afternoon class," Madame Hooch spoke as she walked down the middle gap in between the students.

All the students spoke together, "Good afternoon Madame Hooch."

"Welcome to your first flying lesson," The Professor began, "Well? What are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick, stick your right hand over the broom and say up!"

Charlie listened to the other students say "up" over and over again. It was no surprise that some were struggling, however what did surprise him was Harry. The Chosen One has only said 'up' once before the broomstick was in his hand.

Ron had congratulated Harry and so had Charlie, but it was Hermione who looked at him with an envious look. Then, for the first time, Charlie stuck out his hand and said, "Up!"

The broomstick wasted no time before flying up into his hand for which he smiled. Thanks to his constant practicing with the Gryffindor Quidditch team, his broom's cooperation was a no brainer.

The brown eyed boy looked around and saw classmates still struggling. When he looked over to the Slytherin side, he was shocked to see Draco had gotten his broom fly up in his hand as well. What a git. Charlie then looked towards Ron and saw what seemed to be a slow-mo shot of his friend's broom smacking him in the face.

Harry and Charlie burst out laughing at their ginger haired friend before hearing Madame Hooch tell them to mount their broomsticks and lean forward slightly to lift off the ground.

To everyone's surprise, Neville's broom had lifted off the ground a little too much. Without warning, the clumsy boy was now flying all around the pitch uncontrollably, before he fell off his broom and was now hanging on a statue by just his robes. His robes eventually gave out and Neville fell to the ground yelling, "Ow!"