Dance Preparations & Serious Complications

CHAPTER NINE:

Third Person P.O.V.:

Charlie had been escorted to the medical tent after his encounter with the Chinese Fireball. Madame Pomfrey cleaned the cuts on his face, putting a few small bandages to stop the bleeding. Then, she wrapped his horribly mangled hands in gauze after cleaning them with a dab of some purple liquid that smoked and stung. As for his burnt leg, she poked it with her wand, and he felt it heal instantly.

 As for his burnt leg, she poked it with her wand, and he felt it heal instantly

(A/N: for reference purposes lol)

"Now, just sit quietly for a minute - sit! And then you can go and get your score."

Charlie didn't want to sit still. He was too full of adrenaline. He got to his feet, wanting to see what was going on outside, but before he'd reached the mouth of the tent, someone had come darting inside - Hermione.

"Charlie, you were brilliant!" Hermione said squeakily. There were fingernail marks on her face where she had been clutching it in fear. "You were amazing! You really were!"

"Thank you," he said softly, pulling the girl in for a hug - for a second there, he felt like he was never going to see her again; like it might've been the end for him.

Their hug was cut short, however, as someone else had entered the tent in a frenzy, and to Charlie's surprise, it was none other than his father.

"Charles, my boy," Fenwick beamed to which Charlie immediately rolled his eyes, "you were fantastic out there son! Fantastic! Now, I've set up a post-task interview with you and Rita -"

"No," Charlie cut him off quickly, "you can tell Rita Skeeter to shove it. I'm not doing anymore interviews with that nasty woman."

Fenwick was trying so hard to keep his calm around the other people in the tent, but his anger was evident through his clenched jaw.

"Listen, here, Charles," he said through gritted teeth, "that's not a very polite way to speak about someone, so I'd watch your tone."

Hermione had moved closer to Charlie out of protective instinct to which Fenwick's gaze focused in on her.

"And who might you be?"

"She's a friend," Charlie said simply, "I don't see how that's any of your concern -"

"It most certainly is my concern when it comes to the type of wizards my son surrounds himself with." Fenwick maintained harsh eye contact with Hermione to which Charlie stepped forward, pulling the gaze off of her, "Suddenly, the reasoning behind your outbursts becomes apparent -"

"She has nothing to do with -"

"Oh, I'm sure she does." Fenwick smirked devilishly, "No matter, that shall be a problem for another time. For now, I would very much appreciate it if your friend here would return to her place in the stands. We must prepare to hear your scores."