Fights & Frights

CHAPTER SEVEN:

Third Person P.O.V.:

After that night, the four Gryffindors had subconsciously agreed not to mention the three-headed dog or the trap door until it was necessary.

Harry Potter was currently getting a Quidditch lesson from Oliver Wood, while Hermione was in the library, and Ron was off somewhere with his siblings.

Charlie Hawthorne took the time away from his friends to go and check in with his grandfather who he hadn't really talked to since he moved out. The young boy knocked twice before entering his grandfather's office with Ludo following behind him.

"I'm not interrupting anything am I?" The boy asked as he peered into the room and noticed Dumbledore sitting as his desk doing some paperwork.

Albus looked up and smiled at his grandson as he shook his head and waved him inside, "Charlie my boy! Come in! Come in!"

The brown eyed boy sat down in the chair in front of his grandfather's desk while Ludo jumped up into his lap, "So, what were you working on?"

Dumbledore sighed, "I was just reading over this complaint that Mr. Filch had brought to my attention. He believes students were in the corridor up on the third floor the other night."

Charlie processed this new information quietly and gulped nervously before his grandfather spoke again, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about this, would you Charles?"

The young boy looked up to meet the old man's gaze and tried to look as unsuspicious as possible, "No. First I'm heading of it."

Dumbledore gave the boy a small smile before nodding his head, "I see. Well, whoever it was, I don't see a problem. As long as they are safe and they aren't looking to make a habit of it."

Charlie now smirked as he knew his grandfather knew it was him and his friends. Dumbledore always knew everything somehow. It made it impossible for the boy to get away with anything when he was young.

"Anyways, I heard about you being the new addition to the Gryffindor Quidditch team," Dumbledore spoke once again, "I'm very proud! That is very exciting!"

Charlie smiled widely, "Thank you. It still feels quite surreal."

"I'm sure it does. That's a big accomplishment for you and Mr. Potter," Dumbledore pauses for a moment, "Speaking of Harry, I've noticed that the two of you have grown quite close."

The young boy raised a brow at his grandfather before nodding, "Yeah, Harry's my best mate, why do you ask?"

Dumbledore just quickly shook his head, "No reason. That boy has been through quite a lot, just like you. It makes a lot of sense that you two bonded so quickly."

"I guess," Charlie shrugged before dropping the conversation and attempting to move on to a new topic, "Anything else new for you? What have I missed?"

Albus sighed, "You haven't missed much Charles. I actually had a conversation with your father."

Once again, Charlie gulped. He had almost forgot about his father and his stupid letters, "What did he say?"

"Just that he was going to reach out to you because you haven't been responding to him," Dumbledore explained before looking at the young boy with concerned eyes, "Has your father sent you anything recently?"

The boy shook his head.

"Char—"

The young Hawthorne cut his grandfather off, "It's nothing, okay? Don't worry about it." Charlie moved Ludo onto the floor and got up, "I should get going. I have to bring Ludo back and class is starting soon."