The Knight Bus & Lots to Discuss

CHAPTER ONE:

Third Person P.O.V.:

It had been a long summer for Charlie Hawthorne. However, he spent majority of it like he did last summer, writing letters to his friends.

Harry had been going crazy at the Dursley's. He had written to Charlie to voice his frustrations over and over again. The brown eyed boy felt bad, but felt as though there was nothing that he could do. Charlie had tried to call Harry, just so he could talk to him for a while and put him out of his misery, but every time he did, Vernon would tell him that Harry wasn't home.

As for Ron, his family was currently in Egypt after Mr. Weasley had won the annual Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw. Every now and then, the ginger haired boy would write to Charlie about his adventures. His most recent letter revealed that not only did he have new passed down rat named Scabbers, but that his family was also going to be buying him a new wand at Ollivander's, and Percy was officially the new Gryffindor Head Boy.

Then, there was Hermione. They had written to one another every day, just like last summer. Her last letter revealed that not only was she in France with her family, but that she somehow managed to rewrite her History of Magic essay once again, so she include some witchcraft facts based in French folklore. Even on vacation, Hermione Granger didn't stop doing her school work. Nonetheless, Charlie awaited her letters everyday. In fact, they were pretty much the highlight of his day. Ever since their awkward cheek kiss during last year, he couldn't get her out of his head.

When it came to life at the castle, Charlie maintained a schedule that encompassed all of typical summer activities like travelling with his grandfather, avoiding Snape at all costs, finishing last minute assignments, learning some extra facts with McGonagall, and finally, helping Hagrid with his creatures.

Before Charlie even realized it, it was his thirteenth birthday. He sat in his room opening his gifts, which had come from his friends by owls. Ron had gotten him a cool Egyptian horn and a set of gobstones. Harry had sent him a couple of chocolate frogs and a pair of omnioculars for quidditch. Hermione sent him a stamped book from Shakespeare & Company and big photo album filled of pictures of Charlie with Hermione, Ron and Harry, and even some with McGonagall, Hagrid and Dumbledore.

Inside the parcel, there was a note from the bushy haired girl;

"Dear Charlie,

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to celebrate with you, but I promise to make it up to you when we all meet up in London before school begins again! You are coming, aren't you?

Anyway, I hope you like your gifts. The book I got you was from this really beautiful bookstore here in France, it's about two lovers in fair Verona, and it happens to be one my favourite muggle stories. The next item is a photo album that I've enchanted to have the pictures come to life. I figured that it might be nice to look back on some of our memories. Say what you want about Collin Creevey, but he did manage to get some nice photos.

I miss you Charlie.

With love,
Hermione"

The brown eyed boy couldn't help but blush as he read the letter. God, how he missed her. He glanced down to the photo album and flipped a page. The boy smiled widely as he had just turned to see all the memories within the book.

There was one of Harry and him riding the broom during their very first quidditch match, one of him and his three friends hugging Hagrid at the end of last year, one of him and Dumbledore as they walked through the castle together one night, one of Hermione holding his hand while he was in the hospital wing which made his smile even bigger; the memories just went on and on.