Flames

Yay part 3. In case you all were wondering, I plan on publishing updates every Tuesday and Saturday. :)

Enjoy!

~Professor Pendragon

——————————————————————

The noise was deafening.

Screams began to fill the hallways.

You had no idea what was going on, but you knew it wasn't good. You looked up at Severus with your e/c eyes. So many questions flashing in them. With any trace of fear gone, you gently bit onto his sleeve and tugged, trying to get him to follow you.

Looking down at you, he nodded.

You hurriedly padded towards a nearby empty classroom. Little did you realize at the time, it was his.

You always did love the potions room. Herbs and ingredients sitting here and there. A giant's toe sitting on the shelf in a jar. You knew most of these ingredients by heart, but you had yet to memorize everything that lay in his storage room.

Severus shut the door silently behind you, leaving just the slightest crack so that you both could peak out. When suddenly flames billowed towards the door from down the hallway.

Flinching, you jumped backward. What you heard next could only be described as thunder contained in such a small space that it caused the pressure in the room to explode. Windows cracked.

The roar of a dragon.

Who could've let a dragon into Hogwarts?! Surely Umbridge wasn't THAT stupid?!

As you peered back down the hallway, a giant gray figure began to emerge from the shadows. It's head had six horns, two sets on the top of its head and one set jutting out from its jaw. It's eyes glowed amber in the darkness. Several scars streaked across it's face. Smoke rose from it's nostrils while it's mouth gaped open showing rows and rows of sharp teeth. With each footstep, the floor crumbled.

You began to shake in terror. If it finds you both, that will surely be the end.

You tugged again at Severus's sleeve, begging him to shut the door so as not to be found.

He shut it gently and looked at you whispering, "what are we going to do? There's no place to hide here?"

You quickly surveyed the room, looking for any dark crevice that could fit the two of you. The only option was the storage room.

Grabbing a hold of his sleeve, you began to pull him towards the storage room. He followed and you both went to the furthest corner. He began speaking a concealment charm on the small space. Just as he had finished, the door blew in with flames washing over every surface.

You crouched in fear, just knowing you would both be found. He came over to you and sat next to you with his back up against the wall. Draping an arm over your back, he gently stroked the fur on your head. There was nothing more either of you could do now.

The dragon strode through the classroom, waving its head back and forth, searching for any sign of life. When it came into full view, you noticed that it's tail also had spikes on it. You shivered at the thought of being hit with it.

When the dragon gazed in the direction of the storage room, you huddled closer to Severus. Pushing yourself into him as if to try and make yourself disappear. You didn't once tear your eyes away from the amber ones glaring directly into your soul.

The dragon stepped closer. It had to have been merely inches from the doorway.

You held your breath.