An Apology

You quickly shifted back to human form.

Standing up, you walked in front of Remus, heading towards Dumbledore's office.

The two of you strolled silently through the halls, still contemplating what you had just witnessed.

Could that poltergeist really have something to do with Voldemort?

You passed another clock, it read 1:37 am.

Stopping in your tracks, you turned to Remus, who had an exhausted look on his face.

"Remus, do you realize what time it is?"

"Huh... erm. No, I don't. What is it?"

You stared at the shabby man before you.

"It's 1:38 am. Perhaps we should wait till morning to tell Albus about what we saw. We both need sleep anyways."

Remus yawned and nodded.

"Yes, perhaps that's a good idea. Goodnight then, f/n." With hooded eyes, he stumbled down the hallway to his quarters.

You turned to head to your quarters as well, finally realizing how tired you were.

By the time you had reached your room, it was 2:00 am.

You waved your wand and your cloak was replaced with pajamas.

Sighing, you made your way to the large bed in the center of the room. You climbed into it and shuffled the covers tightly around you.

Within a few minutes, you had drifted off to sleep.

—————————————————————

Birds chirped loudly outside the window and the sun shone brightly onto your face.

Squinting, you yawned and slid out of bed.

You went to the small kitchen and made a cup of coffee.

Whilst waiting on the coffee machine to finish, a light knock came at your door.

"Come in!" You called groggily.

Severus opened the door.

"Good morning, f/n. I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

You grabbed the small mug and waved for him to sit.

"No, you could never disturb me. Do you need something?"

Severus sat in the chair and gazed at you for a few moments before replying.

"I wanted to say sorry for yesterday. It wasn't fair to you, for me to be jealous of someone you've just met. I'm sorry."

You sat opposite him and took a sip of the hot liquid.

"Mmm... it's fine. I understand. I'm sorry too, for storming off like that."

He smiled at you.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" You asked him sincerely.

"Yes, please. If it's not too much trouble?"

"Never. Especially not for you, dear."

You went and poured another cup, bringing it back over to him.

As you handed him the cup, your fingers touched one another's. It felt like sparks were flying in between the two of you. You longed for his embrace.

Leaning down, you kissed him on the cheek.

He just smirked and took a drink of the coffee.

Sitting again, you began to tell him about what you had witnessed last night.

"A poltergeist? But I thought only Peeves was able to produce a full body form?" He asked curiously.

"That's what Remus had said. I plan on speaking with Dumbledore today about it. It might be linked to You-Know-Who."

"Well I hope not, I don't want to see you getting into any dangerous situations. Poltergeist or not." He said concerned.

"I'll be fine, trust me. Besides, I got you if I'm in any real danger." You chuckled.

He smiled at you.

"Always."

The two of you sat for a while, drinking the coffee. It felt nice to just spend some time with Severus, not talking.

"Well, it's 9 am and I really need to go speak to Albus. Will you be at lunch?"

Severus finished sipping on his coffee.

"Yeah, I'll be there, if I don't have a bunch of papers pile up." He smiled.

"Great."

You gave him a quick peck on the cheek and headed out the door.

Students were walking briskly in an effort to reach their next classes on time. The occasional hello would come from a few of them. After many turns down corridors and stairs, you reached Albus's office.