New Beginnings

The light grew brighter.

Suddenly, your eyes jerked open. You were laying on an operating table with Madam Pomfrey over you, a surgical mask over her face and holding a dark potion in hand.

"Oh, hello dear! I thought we lost you there, for a while. Glad to see you're still with us!"

She poured the dark liquid onto your wounds. It burned for a short time and then quit. All the pain from earlier was just swept away into nothingness.

You were so relieved that it was over.

Closing your eyes, you fell back asleep. When you awoke again, you were laying on a familiar white cot with drapes closed around you. The sun was shining in through the windows.

You thought hard and shifted back into human form, sighing.

The drapes were pulled back quickly.

"F/n! Glad to see you look well." Albus smiled happily at you.

"Thank you, sir."

"Madam Pomfrey had told me that you crashed whilst she was operating. She was very happy when you decided to come back to us. Tell me... what did you see?"

You told him about seeing your father and the story of how your parents had met, along with now knowing your mother was special like you.

"Hmmm... I see... I wonder who this old wizard was? Did they ever mention?"

"No, sir, only that he was old."

Albus thought for a few seconds.

"Well, I guess that's a mystery we will never solve. Rest up, Miss l/n. You have visitors who are eager to see you." He chuckled softly.

With a small nod of his head, he closed your curtains and retreated back to what you could assume was his office.

You heard voices whispering rushedly near the doorway to the large room and then they were quiet.

A few moments later, footsteps approached your bed. The pattern of the feet hitting the tile told you that it was Severus.

"Ehhem..."

"I'm awake, you can open the curtains, Severus." You giggled.

He gently pulled the curtains aside, blushing at you.

"I didn't want to disturb you if you were still asleep. Though, after seeing Albus leave I was sure he had woken you."

You smiled at him. Severus looked a little ragged compared to his normal neat and stoic appearance.

"You look tired, Sev. What's up?" You watched him thoughtfully.

"I.. er... I've just been worried about you. Especially since Pomfrey had told me you died on the table for several minutes..."

His voice trailed off and you waved him to come closer to you.

As he stepped closer, you grabbed his hand and looked up at him.

"I would never leave you without at least saying goodbye first."

"I thought I'd lose you. I don't think I could stand to lose another person who means the world to me." He muttered with a tear running down his cheek.

You wiped the tear from his face.

"Don't cry, dear. I'm still here, with you."

He looked at you longingly. Bending down, he placed a serene kiss on your forehead.

"Have you had anything to eat or drink? Do you need anything?"

"No, I don't need anything, but thank you." You smiled.

He nodded understandingly.

"What was it like? Dying, that is?" He asked you with intrigue showing on his face.

You chuckled to yourself, that was more like the Severus you knew and loved.

You began to retell the events that had happened. Every so often, his eyes would widen in awe and then flick back to intrigue.

By the time you were finished, it was getting dark outside.

"So... you can only transform once you meet your "true" love?" He smirked.

"Yes, I'm assuming that's how it works. At least, that's what my father said."

"So that means... I'm your true love?" He asked you hopefully.

"It would appear so. You don't have to be so smug about it." You laughed at him.

He was smiling from ear to ear. He picked up your hands in his and kissed them.

"I would be honoured, to be your true love, Miss l/n." He said nobly.

"And I, yours, Mr. Snape."

He leaned forward and kissed you on the lips.

He pulled away, despite the small frown showing on your face.

"You should rest some more, you've been through a lot. I will be back to see you in the morning. Sleep well, my love."

"You, as well."

He began to stand up to leave, stopping when he heard your voice again.

"I love you, Severus."

He looked at you in a way that you have never seen anyone look at you before. His gaze was so full of love and longing that it made your heart swell.

"I love you, too, f/n."

——————————————————————
If you have any ideas that you think should be included in the story, feel free to comment them!

Sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter than usual, I'm going through a slight writers block.

Hopefully, ideas will come to me soon.

Cheers!
~Professor Pendragon