The Storm part 4

As Sarah was carried in Gavin's hand along with her car. She was trembling, thinking to herself, "What if this is all a trick? What if we get to his place and he puts me in a cage, or-or- or- eats me or tortures me????" She listened to the big giant's footfalls as he walked, they sounded like really loud thunder.

They arrived at his place, Sarah, looked up, her eyes were as wide as saucers, as she looked in front of her, was a mega huge cabin, in the middle of the woods. as the giant opened the large wooden door, she noticed the middle of the door had a wooden carving of a lion's head, its mouth was open, showing sharp teeth and a regal mane, and fierce eyes. Sarah wondered if he had made the carving himself, she wasn't sure if she should ask him questions like that or not, for fear of making him angry.

The giant with the girl and car went inside, Gavin gently put Sarah and her car down on the long wooden table and went to get a towel to dry off his wet hair.

While Gavin was gone, Sarah looked around at the Cabin, there was a window behind the table with a view of the forrest. a small radio on a smaller rectangle shaped table a few feet away against the right side wall. On the left was a huge fireplace with a huge black cauldron with a toasty fire underneath it, and steam coming from whatever was in the cauldron. Next to the fireplace, there was another smaller room, but she couldn't see what was in it. All of a sudden she felt loud footfalls coming toward her. She shook with fear, she didnt know if she should hide or just sit there. She looked around for a place to hide, but the table was bare of objects to hide behind. She looked up and up as a huge shadow loomed over her and the loud footfalls came to an end.

Gavin looked down at the poor drenched girl. He said to her" What is your name, dear? She said S-Sarah. Gavin smiled and nodded, "Well Sarah, how about we get you dried off hmmm? The girl slowly nodded.

All of a sudden, Gavin slowly crouched down in front of the table that Sarah was on, took a deep breath and blew his breath on her to dry her off.

Sarah gasped as it seemed like a gale was washing over her, she tried to stay in one place as she was almost blown over.

"There now" said Gavin, "Much better? Sarah, said "Y-Yes. Thank You, she said not sure of what to say, she felt her hair and her clothes, they were dry.

"Good, You must be hungry, how about if we get you something to eat? Gavin boomed. Sarah cringed, " Oh, Sorry, he said softly, "Thats allright" she smiled neverously. The giant moved away towards the Cauldron, took a huge wooden bowl and a smaller bowl about her size out of the kitchen cupboard, he walked over and dished up some stew in both of them, sat in a chair at the table, and sat her food in front of her.

To Be Continued

RECOMMENDED LITERATURE© 2020