The Storm part 8

The first morning rays shone in the cabin window, that was facing the table that Sarah, was sleeping on., the beams, gently hit her , as she rubbed her eyes, and yawned, she thought to herself that was a really well rested night. she slept good. she never knew a matchbox with cotton balls could be so comfortable !!! She sat up in her makeshift bed, looked around at her surroundings, she heard the birds chirping, she looked towards Gavin's bedroom. He wasn't up yet, she heard him snoring, it felt and sounded like sonic booms. Sarah, smiled in good humor. She got out of bed went to the edge of the table. She couldn't decide if she should stay on the table and wait for Gavin to get up, or climb down the table leg and explore the cabin, she looked toward the door unsure, she felt so torn. She didn't want to worry him. So she stayed on the table.

Low footfalls, sounded, than they got louder, making Sarah, having a hard time keeping her balance. She watched as the huge wall sized door opened and Gavin came out. She didn't feel scared of him anymore. She smiled and waved and said "Good Morning, Gavin" he, was still in his P.Js and had a mowhawk style going. Sarah, stifled a laugh. Sarah couldn't help it, she burst out laughing.

Gavin at first didn't know what she was laughing at, than touched his hair, and smiled sheepishly, "Morning, Sarah, glad I could give you some morning comedy" his voice boomed above her. Sarah, after she was done gave a thumbs up sign to him. Gavin, gave her a big thumbs up sign back. Than Gavin, said "how about some breakfast?" Sarah said to him " I"m really not a breakfast person, I usually skip it." Gavin looked aghaust, "What? No breakfast? Its the most important meal of the day." Sarah, said, " no, I don't want any"

Gavin brought his huge index finger down and ruffled her hair, "Come, On, he said playfully, !I'll fix some Apple Oatmeal"

Sarah, thought Oatmeal, sounded foreign to her, she had never had it, her being not much of a breakfast person." "Ohhh, allright, if you insist" She said.

Gavin, said great, "You don't know what you are missing" With that he walked into the kitchen to make it, as he turned to walk she felt the table shake.

To Be Continued...