The Storm Part 9

Gavin, came back with a huge bowl of steaming Oatmeal for himself and a little thimble of Oatmeal for his friend Sarah. Gavin said "if you want seconds, I can give you some from my bowl". Sarah sniffed the air, breathing in the aroma of the good smells of the Apple Oatmeal. Gavin sat down at the the wooden table in front of her. Sarah, felt the table and felt the tremors through her body as he sat down in the chair, and put both bowls down on the table. Sarah, tried not to wince from him being so close to her, but she did a little bit.

Gavin had widdled a tiny spoon for Sarah, and had a bigger sized one for himself.

They both started to eat. Gavin said " So, What do you want to do today?"

Sarah, thought for a few minutes, while she chewed her food.

Sarah, said "Well... How about if we explore the forrest"

Gavin, nodded, said "allrighty" he said jovially. Gavin asked if she was done. She told him Thank You for the breakfast. Gavin said " Your Welcome, hon.

Gavin, held his humongous hand sideways, picked up Sarah's minature dish, with his index finger and thumb. Sarah, tried not to let it show on her face at how surprised her big new friend was.

Gavin, took the dishes into the Kitchen, washed them up and put them away, than came back to the table. Slowly put his hand down, stretched out, palm up. Sarah, got on and went to the middle of his palm and sat down Indian Style. Sarah, looked at the lines in his hand, she traced one of his lines in his hand, it reminded her of a huge, map with roads on it. All of a sudden, she heard soft loud chuckle come from above her, she quickly looked up. It was coming from Gavin, he said "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, its just that it tickles!!

Sarah said "I'm sorry " She laughed, a little. she smiled sheepishly.

Gavin said " Its allright. Off, we go into the unkown" Sarah yelled "Yahooo!! She had always liked to explore forrests ever since she was little.

Gavin, moved at a slow even pace,so as not to jolt her from his hand. She held onto his thumb as she felt the thunderous footsteps as he walked outside into the forrest. When they were outside, Sarah, felt the fresh, Summer breeze in her face as it blew her and Gavin's hair around. She marveled at the Mountain sized trees, Gavin, told her about the different flowers, like Merrigolds, Roses, Hyacinths. They smelled so good to Sarah and Gavin. Than they both heard a rustle, they both looked were the sound was coming from, a cluster of near by trees. Gavin, curled his fingers around protectively. A female deer came out, stopped and stared at the both of them. Sarah, had never seen one so huge, it looked like it was bigger than a building to her. The deer, seemed curious about both of them. Gavin, took out a piece of jerky in his pocket that he always kept on hand in cases like this, held it out to the deer, Than it ran off into the woods.

Sarah said " that was great. Gavin said, "Yes, I always like to take walks in the forrest after a meal, I also like to feed the animals. When I was little, I used to play hide and go seek in the forrest with my childhood friends"

Sarah said " Really, I like to explore forrests. When I was in College, I always wanted to be a Vet, I have a passion for animals." But I decided to get a BA degree in a computer technician."

Gavin asked her " Do you like your job as a computer technician?"

Sarah said " Yes, I like it a lot!! Its always something new everyday" Its like an adventure" than she asked him " Have you stayed in touch with your childhood friends over the years?"

Gavin, shook, his boulder sized head No, sometimes I think of them, and wonder what they are doing." But I think about the good times."

Sarah said " Thats good, sometimes it is hard though. Gavin "nodded, in a yes motion.

Gavin and Sarah, were so deep in there conversation, they didn't realize that it was getting dark. Gavin and Sarah, both looked up at the sky. They could see Thunder clouds overheard, and a loud rumble. "Oh, Oh, said Gavin, better get back to my home before it downpours." Sarah, nodded in the affirmitive.

Gavin turned around and headed back for home. " Sarah, said, I had a good time today, Thank You for taking me on the tour so to speak." Gavin" said "Your Welcome, I had a good time also" Thank You, also for going with me." Sarah, nodded her head, in a Welcome fashion.

They got back inside the cabin, just as it started to downpour.

To Be Continued....