Chapter 3 ~ Getting Ready for Denish

As I walked to the the bus station and waited for my bus to come, I couldn't help but notice how weird the sky looked. It was red, orange and yellow, looked a little bit like sunset, but it was only 3:30pm. How could that be? Maybe it's something witchy.

My bus arrived 10 minutes later and about 30 minutes later I rushed inside the Kayan house. "Nara, there you are" My mother said und dragged me into the living room and onto the couch. "What's wrong?" I asked Rain, but she just shrugged. What can it be when not even Coven leader Rain Kayan knows it?!
Yup, Rain is the leader of the Kayan Coven. The leadership goes to the firstborn or the most powerful witch of the coven. All witches have the same powers, so the firstborn is the leader which happens to be Rain.
"I think you all noticed the sky" my father Hiha started and all of us nod. "That means that the newest elementa patiris was found" my mother explained. "The one for the element fire" my father added. "What's a elemnras patfiris??" I asked and I had to confess I didn't really listen to the name, so I cant really remember it. "Elementa Patiris" my father corrected me. "It's an element witch. This witch can control the element fire and is one of the four most powerful witches ever alive. Every parents dream is it that their kid is one. But now that one was found, it means that somewhere out there are the other three" he explained. "There wasn't a witch like that since the last one died 100 years ago" my mom added.

"Get to the point please" I said and looked at my parents. "We will be traveling to Denish, the witch city, where a ceremony is going to take place" My father said and I wasn't that happy about it. I was happy I didn't had to go to school tomorrow, but sad that I was going to be around witches with powers.

"So get packing now, we're leaving this evening" My father said and walked out of the room, followed by my mother. "What's so special about a witch that has influence on elements? I could do that if I wanted to" Ilan said and a little laugh escaped my lips. "In case you didn't listen, you can't" I said and got up. "It's a special power Ilan, only one witch has it and they will have it until they die. 100 years later after the last elementa patieris died, the new generation is born. They usually find it out before their 21st birthday" Rain explained. "So you do know a bit about those witches?" I asked and she nod. "A little maybe. AND I know that the witches are only allowed to date witches, but not each other and they have to have full witch children, mother and father have to be witches of their kids"

"Wow... That means their life isn't theirs, right?" I asked and Rain nod. "Sadly, it might be an honor to be that powerful but it's also a curse" She said and got up. "I'm going to get packing. You know how much time I need" Rain said and left the room. I didn't say anything and left as well. I had to pack my suitcase and I am not much faster than Rain.

I turned on some music on my phone that Laura had send me a long time ago. Okay, not that long ago, it's from September, now it's March. I got my suitcase from under my bed and put it on top of it and unzipped it. I opened it up and went to my wardrobe and looked through my clothes. I took some pair of bright blue jeans, some colorful tops, one dress, the dress that my mother brought me which I have to wear for the ceremony, underwear and socks and some shoes that I can wear inside. I took some red high heels and put them inside my suitcase as well. I have to wear heels on the ceremony, which I really hate, because I can't walk on that kind of heels. I put in some boots and went to the bathroom to get what I need for my hygiene, like shampoo and soap. I also got my deodorant and my make up bag and put it in my suitcase as well. Next were my curler and straightener. I stuffed them inside my suitcase and covered them with clothes, so they won't break.

I put the suitcase down and saw my teddy bear next to my pillow. I had that since I was little. Then a song came on that I really liked, so I hurried to my phone to look for the title. It was Tides by Jack and Jack. I don't exactly who they are, but they can sing.

I looked back at my teddy bear and remembered the day, that Rain got her powers. She wouldn't stop doing magic and accidentally changed the pink teddy bear into the brown one. I laughed at the memory at her blond hair. She looked so strange.

I jumped onto my bed and cuddled my teddy bear. I have to confess I loved the brown color better than the pink one. I think I fell asleep, because the first thing I remember since thinking about the past, is Ilan yelling into my ear. My head shook up and I automatically hit him. Reflexes you know?

"Ouch! That's why I didn't wanted to go and get you!!" Ilan complained while I sat up. "What are you doing here?" I asked and he held his cheek. "We wanna leave for Denish" He said and got up and wanted to leave. "Would you take my suitcase? I can't carry it downstairs" I said and he groaned, but took it and carried it downstairs as I asked. But he left it in front of the stairs. "Thank you so much Ilan" I yelled after him, as I grabbed my pillow, my favorite pink blanket and a thicker blanket and carried them downstairs. "I think you forgot something" Antra said. "What?" I asked and she started laughing "Your bed" She said and left the house. "Really funny" I said and took my suitcase and tried to get everything outside. "Guys, go help Nara!" My mom commanded. Rain came over and took my suitcase. "Thank you Rain" I said loud on purpose.

While Rain brought my suitcase into the trunk I went to my car seat and put my pillow, blankets and my teddy bear on it. "Is there enough time for me to change in something comfortable?" I asked and my father nod. "But hurry" He said and I ran inside. I rushed upstairs and pulled a sweat pants and a oversize shirt out of my wardrobe and changed fast. The old clothes I through into the laundry. I grabbed my favorite and lucky necklace, my phone, headphones and the charger and rushed back downstairs. I rushed to the car, while my mom locked the front door. I got inside under my blankets and closed the door. "What the hell are you doing?" Antra asked. She was sitting next to me.

"It's called 'making myself comfortable" I said and turned away from her.

Our car has 3 rows. The front one with driver seat and passenger seat. Then the two back rows have each 3 seats. It's a mini van that my father is driving. I put my headphones into my phone and the into my ears and turned on my music and fell asleep while cuddling my teddy bear. Judge me, I still love him, never changed.