Telling the gems

At the temple

Stevens POV:

I scrambled out of bed and immediately went to tell Garnet, Amethyst,and Pearl about my dream with YN.

I started to talk about my dream with the girl like how much we had in common, how she was originally from earth but had hardly ever seen it, and how she never had ice cream before! They all looked happy for me but as I went into detail of who she was, their happy expressions started to fade into ones of fear and concern.

"Yeah she was super nice"

When I finished, Pearl was the first to speak.

"Steven, is that the girl from homeworld?"

When I looked back up at the gems, they all looked worried.

Garnet tried her best to look calm but you could tell she was frightened.

Amethyst just looked surprised.

And Pearl looked scared.

Garnet walked up to Steven and knelt down and gently placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Steven, I know she seems nice, but right now she can't be trusted." Garnet calmly said

"Why not? She was nice to me and dad and she helped us escape when Blue and Yellow Diamond almost caught us sneaking around a bunch of Rose Quartz gems in bubbles.

"Steven, she may seem nice but she is a diamond. She can't be trusted." Pearl had a serious look on her face.

"But-"

"No buts! You can't talk to her"

"You guys don't even tell me why the diamonds are bad! I thought we weren't keeping secrets anymore!" Steven argued

"I'll be right back I'm going to the big donut"

And with that Steven stomped out.
___________
TIME SKIP
__________

Steven was walking back to the temple with a bag of donuts. He felt guilty for lashing out but they didn't tell him anything!

As Steven climbed up the stairs but stopped as he overheard Pearl and Garnets worried voices. He knew it was rude to eavesdrop but he had to find out all the information he could if they weren't going to tell him. So he sat on the stairs and started listening in to their conversation.

"Pearl, calm down-" Garnet tried to reason but was cut off by Pearl.

"Calm down? How can I calm down?! What if Blue diamonds kid tells the other diamonds?What if the diamonds come to Earth and obliterate us? What if they hurt Steven?" Pearl ranted.

"What if.....another war..." Pearl trailed off.

"I..I can't do it!..Not again!" Pearl started sobbing and Garnet comforted Pearl but was also worried.

"We won't let that happen Pearl, we're safe. Steven is safe." Garnet spoke softly.

Steven didn't know what to think of all that. YN wouldn't tell the diamonds about the crystal gems would she? He would have to contact her in his sleep again in secret. He needed answers.

YN POV:

"Mom! I had the craziest dream last night!"

To be continued....