Prologue

The moon shone through the falling water, lighting the cave just enough for it to be possible to walk around and not bump into things. Everything else was silent, except for the water.

 A dark brown tabby tom with amber eyes sat in his den, looking at a puddle. So, if Tribe of Endless Hunting is really watching over us, why don't they give me a sign?

 ''Stoneteller.''

 The tom blinked in surprise as he heard his name. He got up and turned around

 A skinny, but starry speckled brown tom floated on top of a rock, looking at the old tom. Stoneteller's bored expression suddenly turned to a surprised one. ''Rain That Rattles on Stones.'' He whispered. ''What brings you here?''

 Rain didn't directly respond. Instead, he looked at his speckled paws. ''Trouble.'' He whispered and looked back at his former leader. ''But before that, remember, you have to choose a cat to success you. We will send you a sign soon.''

 Stoneteller rolled his eyes, not wanting to choose a successor. ''You're not here to tell me that I need a successor, are you?''

 Rain shook his head. ''No, but I must tell you something that you have to remember, even if you won't be present anymore.''

 The old tom blinked. What does he mean by 'Even if you won't be present anymore'?

 ''It will all make sense soon.'' Rain meowed. ''Now, listen close. When Mist will come, your Tribe will grow by one. But when Blue comes, the Mist will disappear, and cats will fade.''

 ''When Mist will come? When Blue comes? Cats will fade? That doesn't make sense!'' Stoneteller hissed, arching his back. ''What do you mean? Is my Tribe in trouble?''

 Rain didn't answer. Instead, he got up and looked directly at the tom. ''Have faith, Stoneteller. Remember what I told you, and when Mist will come, welcome it.''

 ''All right, but what about the Blue?'' Stoneteller tilted his head.

 ''Have faith.'' Rain whispered again before disappearing.

 Stoneteller blinked, alone in his den again. He looked around the Cave of the Pointed Stones. He quickly padded back to the puddle and looked at it, twitching his ears. But there was nothing. No other sound than the waterfall.

 The leader backed off, confused. He looked toward the exit of his den. Does this thing even matter? Is it good for my Tribe?

 Stoneteller sat in his nest, his mind set on what Rain just told him.

 What does that mean? Will my Tribe be safe?