Chapter 12

Bluewing

  Bluewing padded back to camp, tired. It's been a few moons since she became a warrior, and many things happened. Not long after she became a warrior, ThunderClan attacked ShadowClan to get back a piece of land. It was a brutal battle, and ThunderClan won, although Firestar lost a life and Russetfur, ShadowClan's deputy, died. Then, not too long after that, Flametail, ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice, fell through the frozen lake and died. Jayfeather tried saving him, but to no avail. When he got back to camp, he looked almost completely frozen and he couldn't stop shaking. Bluewing felt physically and emotionally tired. It kind of seems like StarClan is punishing ShadowClan.

 ''Where are you going?''

 Bluewing blinked and turned her head. She saw Brightheart rushing toward her.

 ''To the warriors' den. I'm absolutely exhausted.'' Bluewing meowed.

 ''Well, before you do that, Firestar wants to call a meeting. You should come to the Clan meeting and sleep after that.'' Brightheart told her.

 Bluewing nodded, tired. ''All right, thanks.''

 Brightheart nodded and turned around, padding away. 

 Bluewing waited by the warriors' den. What could the meeting be about?

 ''Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!'' Firestar yowled.

 Bluewing got up and rushed toward the meeting. She sat down next to Whitewing and looked at Firestar.

 When everyone gathered around, Firestar began speaking.

 ''Today, I call you all here because two apprentices have passed their final assessment and are ready to become warriors. Dovepaw and Ivypaw, step forward.''

 Bluewing watched Dovepaw and Ivypaw step forward. Oh! That's what the meeting is about! They're finally becoming warriors!

 Firestar looked at the two apprentices. ''Dovepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?'' Firestar asked.

 ''I do.'' Dovepaw nodded.

 ''Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Dovepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Dovewing. StarClan honors your intelligence and enterprise, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan.'' Firestar meowed.

 Dovewing purred and backed off. Then, Firestar looked at Ivypaw. ''Ivypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?'' Firestar asked again.

 Ivypaw hesitated for a few heartbeats, then nodded. ''I do.''

 ''Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Ivypaw, from this moment on you will be known as Ivypool. StarClan honors your courage and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan.'' Firestar meowed.

 ''Dovewing! Ivypool!'' The Clan chanted.

 Bluewing felt happy for the two she-cats. They're finally warriors! They both deserve this moment.