Chapter 11

Mist That Appears Before Dawn

 Mist padded alongside Splash, Screech, and Wing back to the cave. It's been a few moons since she became a prey-hunter.

 Crag Where Eagles Nest, a cave-guard, rushed toward them. ''Great catch! We should head back now.''

 ''Any danger?'' Splash asked, looking at the tom. 

 Crag shook his head. ''No, everything's how it should be. Peaceful and quiet.''

 ''Strange that we haven't seen the rogues ever since Stormfur and the Clan cats came.'' Screech mumbled.

 Mist blinked. Rogues? Clan cats? What did I miss?

 ''Oh! Mist, you don't know about the fight or the rogues, right?'' Wing asked her.

 ''No.'' Mist shook her head. She hoped someone would explain it to her.

 ''I'll explain when we go back, then.'' Wing meowed. 

 Crag began leading them back to camp, and the prey-hunters dropped their prey in the pile. After that, Wing lead Mist to a corner of the cave. 

''All right, so, many moons ago, we were living in peace, just like now.'' Wing began. ''We had the whole mountain for ourselves, but then some rogues came. They were attacking our cats and stealing prey. Stormfur came up with the idea to fight them, and we did, but we lost. We also lost a few cats, so Stoneteller exiled Stormfur, and Brook left with them.''

 ''But it wasn't Stormfur's fault! He couldn't have known that you'd lose!" Mist interrupted, shocked.

 ''I know.'' Wing meowed. ''Anyway, we continued to deal with them, but after a while Talon and Night had enough and went to ThunderClan - it's a different story, they're similar, but also very different from us - to seek help, and Stormfur and Brook were there. They came back, but with other Clan cats. It took a while for Stoneteller to let them help us, but he did. We had to mark borders and stuff, and..''

 ThunderClan? Mist got distracted, looking at her paws. What if Blue is there? How far away is ThunderClan? She did run toward the forest, so maybe they're there?

 ''Mist?'' Wing blinked. ''Are you listening?''

 ''Oh, yes, sorry.'' Mist nodded. ''Continue.''

 ''All right. Again, after some time, the Clan cats, along with some Tribe cats, fought the rogues, and this time we won, and they promised to leave us alone. Stormfur and Brook were accepted back in the Tribe, and the Clan cats left. We haven't seen the rogues ever since, though.'' Wing finished the story.

 ''Oh.'' Mist blinked. ''But how far is ThunderClan?''

 ''Only Talon and Night know.'' Wing answered. ''But it's pretty far away from the mountains. There's a forest, and ThunderClan live there.''

 ''Forest?! My sister might be there!'' Mist suddenly yowled and jumped, eager to go there. But she froze when she noticed all the Tribe cats looking at her like she was crazy. Embarrassed, she sat back down. ''Sorry.''

 ''It's all right.'' Wing meowed. ''Now, can you explain to me who this 'sister' of yours is?''

 ''Sure'' Mist nodded. ''I lived as a loner at the edge of the forest before I joined the Tribe, with my sister, Blue. We had a good life, but we got attacked by dogs, and we both led them away in different directions, and we got separated. I joined the Tribe - I don't know how much I ran until I got here - and Blue ran toward the forest. And I'm wondering, what if she joined ThunderClan?''