Chapter 10

Bluepaw

 Bluepaw followed Brightheart back to camp. She purred. She just passed her final assesement, and she was going to become a warrior.

 She padded toward the fresh-kill pile and dropped her prey. She watched Brightheart padding toward Firestar's den.

 Then, she remembered her dream. Last night, she had a dream that she was back in her den. Mist wasn't there, and when she called her name, everything went black, and she woke up in the mountains. She was in a cave, but she wasn't alone. A lot of cats were there, but she didn't recognize any of them. She thought she saw Mist in a corner, and when she ran toward her, Ivypaw woke her up.

 Bluepaw froze. Mist did run toward the mountains.. what if she's there? Is she in the mountains? Is she safe?

 She began wondering if she should tell someone about her dream. Brambleclaw could lead a patrol to the mountains. Then, she shook her head. No, that would be stupid. The mountains are pretty far away. She sighed. I'm sorry, Mist.

 ''Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!'' Firestar yowled.

 Bluepaw blinked, then purred. She got up and rushed over to the meeting. She sat next to Brightheart.

 When everyone gathered around, Firestar began speaking. ''Today, I call you all here because an apprentice is ready to become a warrior. Bluepaw, step forward.''

 Bluepaw stepped forward. She felt all the cats look at her. She shivered, but then she forced herself to stay still.

 ''Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?'' Firestar asked.

 ''I do.'' Bluepaw dipped her head. She tried to hide her excitement.

 ''Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. From this day forward, you will be known as Bluewing. We welcome you as a full warrior of ThunerClan.'' Firestar meowed.

 ''Bluewing! Bluewing!'' The Clan chanted.

 Bluewing! She purred. I like my new name!

 ''Meeting dismissed.'' Firestar then meowed and jumped off the Highledge. 

 Brightheart rushed toward her. ''Congratulations, my apprentice. I trained you as well as I could.'' The she-cat purred.

 ''I know you did, you're a great mentor.'' Bluewing purred, then looked away. ''I heard that you were once Jayfeather's mentor. Is it true?'' She asked, curious.

 Brightheart slowly nodded. ''Yes, I did. When he, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf - yes, he had a sister, but she died - became apprentices, Jayfeather became a warrior apprentice, and I became his mentor. He didn't really listen to me.'' Brightheart stopped, closing her eye. After a few heartbeats, she opened it again. ''Then, he became a medicine cat apprentice. Hollyleaf, who was currently training to be a medicine cat, became a warrior apprentice, but she became Brackenfur's apprentice. You can't imagine how happy I felt when Firestar let me mentor you.''

 ''Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But you were a great mentor. Thank you for training me.'' Bluewing smiled.

 ''Thank you, and I'm sure you will be a great warrior.'' Brightheart dipped her head, then padded away. Bluewing purred, then hurried toward the apprentices' den and padded in. She picked up her nest, hurried outside and padded to the warriors' den. She went in and dropped her nest, then padded outside.