Winning the Hearts, Black Demon Receives Warmth

Shi QingXuan gave a look to the group of messy, filthy group of people. No matter how much dirty they were, Shi QingXuan always felt a warmth and ache in his heart watching them.

He cried out, "Nonsense what nonsense? Eh? I am the most sensible one here. You wait till I become the gang leader eh!"

Nobody gave him looks, some children puffed out a laugh. Not that Shi QingXuan minded.

He Xuan looked at the band of the people. They looked so much alike Shi QingXuan. It was almost impossible for him to think that Shi QingXuan actually wasn't a member of this band, Shi QingXuan actually had spend a life in heaven, luxurious and rich. And now he...He Xuan was stunned for a moment. Shi QingXuan really could adapt anywhere and attract people with his inner charm. No matter how his appearance was, his inner beauty was indeed hard to hide.

The band of people also watched He Xuan with curiosity.

"Ol' Feng, you said he is very handsome, then why is he hiding behind a mask?"

He Xuan was taken aback, he looked at Shi QingXuan.

Shi QingXuan mentally slapped himself quite a few time before answering quickly, "It's precisely because he is too handsome, we can not let his full appearance out. Look carefully, see how handsome his one side is, if we let another side be shown, people like we might faint right here. Beauty is very harmful you know. He might get raped by those noble family's bastard sons"

Everyone stared intensely at He Xuan. He Xuan felt he might die among the gazes. He angrily glared at Shi Qingxuan. Since he became supreme no one ever dared to look into his eyes even, except Hua Cheng. And now this homeless people were looking at him like some kind of meal.

He coughed awkwardly. Suddenly among them a kid spoke, "But I had seen something on his face that time."

Although there were many kids with him back on the river, no one dared to approach He Xuan except one kid, who immediately shouted and fall back. He had seen a bit of He Xuan's appearance.

But as he was kid and he never encountered with this type of situation, Shi QingXuan quickly brain washed him. "Those were some leeches attracted by his beauty, don't give it thought."

They finally didn't minded He Xuan wearing mask. They had seen so many tragic scene, if due to tragic beauty someone had to wear mask they won't mind anyway, and mostly they believed Shi QingXuan's words as well.

Shi QingXuan told them to give He Xuan a bit space as he just woke up so they went away again.

"Phew!" Shi QingXuan sighed a breath but he couldn't stand anymore and sat down on the ground.

He Xuan looked at his broken leg and arm and just when he was about to ask Shi QingXuan about this, some kids ran toward them and gave Shi Qingxuan some fruits and pickles. Among the kids, the kid earlier who called him ugly stepped forward and stuffed some fresh fruits and some pickles in his hand. He xuan was dumbfounded and looked at the food for a while.

The foods weren't much in quality or quantity but the kid actually felt guilty that he called He Xuan ugly without knowing.

The kid didn't say anything as he gave He Xuan the food and quickly went away.

He Xuan was still dumbfounded. He suddenly felt his whole body went numbed. After his death no one dared to gave him lowly foods like this even if he had tons of loans, because he was a supreme after all. Yet none of them were as sincere as this kid.

"Ah! They again stole it from that bastard's backyard."

As Shi QingXuan said those words He Xuan gave him a look.

"The pickles are ours. But the fruits are from another household. I am surprised to see the kid giving you the fruits. They are extremely tasty and they won't give anyone even one. And here you have three. Even I could have only 4, after living with them so much. Eat eat. You need energy anyway." As Shi QingXuan said the words, he started to look for something.

He Xuan started eating and it was not a new thing that he was a big eater. Although he tried to hold himself, still when Shi QingXuan looked back at him with a stick in his hand, not a single trace of of pickle or fruits could be seen except the pickle jars.

"You even eat those skin of fruit?" Shi QingXuan raised an eyebrow.

He Xuan coughed. "They were clean, the kids cleaned them." He Xuan suddenly felt a tiny bit of embarrassment.

Shi QingXuan puffed out and started laughing out loud and as his laughing grew louder he even had to hold his belly.

"What's so funny. I don't like wasting food."

Shi QingXuan finally gained his composure back and nodded, "It's a very good habit, Keai gege*."

Hearing the words He Xuan's eye grew bigger and even Shi QingXuan was slightly taken aback by his own words.

But he gained his composure quickly and chuckled, "I am assuming you're older than me as you're a ghost and I'm a mere mortal. There is so many Xiong* so it will be confusing for me to address you. So I'll kill you Keai gege, hu?"

He Xuan almost glared at him and squeezed only one word, "Nonsense."

Shi QingXuan laughed and started mending his stick.

Usually He Xuan wasn't a nosy person, yet to gain back his natural aloof self he said, "What are you doing with the stick as if you are going to beat someone up."

Shi QingXuan looked up at him and said with a slightly unusual face, "Well, it's exactly for beati..."

"Ahhh! Feng-gege!" Shi QingXuan's words were cut off as a kid's crying came piercing their ears.

Footnote: *1: Gege means brother. But it can be used in a flirty way as well. I'm assuming you all know about it.

*2: Xiong means brother or senior. It's usually formal form.

Author's note:  I'm not a Chinese. Neither I studied Chinese. I just read some danmei novels (less than 10) and watched dramas. So my knowledge in these words are very poor. Again it's just a function so thank you for understanding. And if I have any mistake or typo let me know.