The Question of Destiny, why do you live? 2

As He Xuan brought Shi QingXuan not many people were awake in the temple. Some elders came forward and He Xuan just said two words, "Tired", "Asleep".

The people didn't dare to bother him much. He Xuan put Shi QingXuan on the torn mat. It was a bit cold outside so he put the black robe of his upto Shi QingXuan's neck which was already wrapped around him.

He Xuan went aside and hide himself in the dark. He needs to get away from here as soon as possible.

....

As Shi QingXuan opened his eyes, he felt a pain shooting in his head. But he was used to this type of small pain now, so he didn't pondered on it much. He couldn't remember anything about past night. He went away with the ghost in near the water, then...then agh what happened?

"Gege, you're awake, have your meal. Keai gege had brought the foods for us!"  In just a few days people here became very fond of He Xuan,mostly kids.

"Where is he?" Shi QingXuan asked slowly.

"Hu? We don't know. He left without saying anything. Probably gone to hunting or something. Why don't you eat first? You looked very tired yesterday."

"What happened yesterday?" Shi QingXuan asked eagerly

"How would we know, the time you came back you were already dead sleep, Keai gege had to brought you in his arms.

"Oh!" So no one knew about what happened yesterday, only Keai could tell.

"Ah I see. I was probably tired. I will rest for a while again. Let me know if he comes."

At noon, there was a major signal of major storm near waters. What a bad luck! Specially for people like them.

Shi QingXuan waited till it was afternoon.  Many people whispered among themselves.
"Did he really left, because Shi QingXuan wasn't too kind to him? Or is it because we couldn't provide him much want?"

Shi QingXuan couldn't help feeling a bit restless.

"I'll go and look for him a bit. "

"But Ol'feng, that's terrible. How would you go look for him in this circumstance? Not to mention your own health is in verge of falling. "

"Don't worry, I won't go far. Don't worry about me. Just stay in the house, lock the door." (broken temple's broken lock.)  Everyone hear him saying this and nodded. Shi QingXuan left to search for Keai's about. But it wasn't hard for him to guess where did he went so Shi QingXuan kept going on till he reached on the royal pavilion's southest river.

He Xuan was sitting on the bank of the river, and was seemed to talk with some water creatures. When Shi QingXuan arrived he stopped talking and watched the crazed world.

On the other hand Shi QingXuan had to scream to talk and also he felt like he would just fly away by the blow of strong wind.

"What are you doing here? Shi Qingxuan manged to go a bit closer to him.

"...."

"I thought you left."

"Then it would have been our destiny." 

"Hu?"

Both of them couldn't see each other's face. He Xuan's back was still facing Shi QingXuan. Shi QingXuan didn't understand the matter of destiny or anything. He annoyingly said, "Come back here right now! What are you doing there when it's storming! Come back-ah!  P-tui, p-tui."

As the storm was becoming stronger, the black clouds were hiding the sun completely from view. The surroundings became ominously dark. As Shi QingXuan tried to scream she had swallowed mouthful sand. The water seemed in rage! The waves were strong, their direction messy.

In the middle of the chaos, Ol' Keai was still standing firmly there, his black robe flying in different direction.

Shi QingXuan got close to him. He was about to put hand on his back when suddenly He Xuan turned around.

Shi QingXuan was a bit shocked and may be a yelp was about to left his mouth but he swallowed it and said firmly, "What are you doing wearing no mask."

That's right. Shi QingXuan wasn't taken aback just because He Xuan turned around. It was because there was no mask on his face and his real appearance was displayed. The cuts, scratches hard to count, not to mention the word curved, UGLY was truly a ugly sight. Who wouldn't be afraid if they suddenly saw it.

"But you said not to hide them," He Xuan muttered.

Shi QingXuan looked at him. Indeed he said it. "Well I don't have any problem, I thought you didn't want to display them. So I..uhm. But what are we doing here, let's go home."

Shi QingXuan grasped one of his hand and about to pull him back when suddenly he felt a strong force and he was pulled into He Xuan's arms. His newly handmade crutch fell on the ground as Shi QingXuan couldn't hold it.

"It's not yet time for me to go home," He Xuan muttered into his ear.

Wind was blowing harshly. But Shi QingXuan couldn't feel anything as he was completely sunk into He Xuan's arms. He Xuan was actually quite tall and a bit bigger than him. Not to mention his broken arm and legs made him quite fragile too.

"Keai ge, is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Mn. I-I missed you," He xuan took a deep breath as if encouraging himself

Shi QingXuan listened to his words. In his current position he should have heard a loud thump of heart but unfortunately He Xuan was deceased person so there was nothing except the vibration when He Xuan spoke.

"Me too. I missed you too. I missed you a lot," Shi QingXuan said.

After a while pause, he added, "It's not your fault. Destiny was cruel to you."

"What about you?", He Xuan's deep cold voice rang.

"It's quite okay I guess. Don't worry."

He Xuan pulled away from the hug and said sternly, "It's all okay?! WHAT'S SO OKAY?!"

Shi QingXuan used her healthy arm to touch the scars, hoping them to disappear with every touch of his, but unfortunately they were still there, deep and ugly.

"You need to learn to except. Forget and forgive. Why, why don't you forgive yourself a bit, love yourself a bit. Like them, you also deserve every bit of love. Hu? It really wasn't your fault. Trust me."

He Xuan looked at those both eyes. How could this be fine?!

He had killed his brother, cut off his head right in front of his eyes, threw him away, took away his spiritual power, which led him to be a lower than beggar! When in reality he didn't have a single idea about anything.

Did he really deserve this? We look for justice in the world, but where is the justice in our fate? Where is the justice in the heaven? What's so different about the heaven from the hell then?

Love yourself? He hated every single inch of his body.

He Xuan cupped Shi QingXuan's face and kissed him tightly. A few drops of tears fell from his eyes.

After becoming ghost, it was certainly his first time crying. But who cared about it now. The person standing in front him, had made every inch of his body ache, ache for love, for touch, for warmth. Only this person could satisfy his want, only this person can make him feel alive again.

So what it was already hundreds years he died, he can be alive again. Doesn't being alive mean lively.

Even for a second, he wanted to live just for a once.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚: I'm so sorry for this late update. But I hope you guys will understand. Thank you for supporting it <3