Chapter 3: Crash Landing

-Sorry, it took so long for me to update! I'm having a huge lack of inspiration what with being stuck inside all day. This probably sounds creepy but I love to people-watch at the park near my house. I swing and go on walks for like hours while listening to music and when I'm in one place for a while, you start to see familiar people and you start to notice patterns in people's behavior. I try to make stories I write based on how I think real people (or I guess in this case characters) will react in different situations, not just how I want them to react. But currently being stuck inside, I can't really do that. Technically I can still go on walks but usually either no one's around or they don't stay long (plus, in my area all parks are closed). I've mostly been people-watching on my porch, now, which means I'm getting my inspiration from my neighbors, who all just happen to be around the age of four so...yeah.

Wow, excuse my unnecessarily long rant. Basically, I have writer's block, and I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. Enjoy!-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Steve's P.O.V.

I groan slightly as I open my eyes, shielding my face from the sunlight. I firmly plant my palms in the grassy land and heave myself up onto my knees and look around. "I'm in the middle of a field," I declare to myself.

How did I get here?

I notice my shield lying on the ground next to me and gently run my fingers over it.

Oh, wait...wasn't I in the middle of a fight?

"Ugh, my head hurts," I complain, holding my head in my hands.

But...who was I fighting? I could've sworn I was with somebody too...

I gasp suddenly and awkwardly swerve around on my knees to look behind me. "Stark!"

It seemed as though he had crashed, his suit had opened but it was completely destroyed. He had blood running down the side of his face. I jump to my feet and run a few meters towards him, only to drop back to my knees at his side.

"What...what happened?" I lightly caress his face and lean in close to see if he was breathing. My heart stopped when I couldn't feel any air coming from out of his nose and quickly put my other hand on the side of his neck to check if there was a pulse.

I let out a breath of relief when I could feel his pulse. It was faint, but it was there. Looking around frantically, I realized we were miles away from any kind of doctor or medic, and I wasn't sure if I could carry both Stark and his suit fast enough.

Suddenly, I felt strong winds from above me and I leaned back on my ankles to look up. Natasha leaped off the side of the jet and landed smoothly. Granted, it was only a few meters off the ground, but it still looked impressive when she did it.

She rushed over to us and looked down at Tony. "What happened?!" She yelled, signaling Clint to get his ass over here.

"I...I don't know. One minute I was fighting and the next...I woke up here."

The jet landed softly on the ground and Clint rushed out of it. He huffed as he set down near Tony, gently putting his arm under Tony's head. Natasha took ahold of Tony's torso and legs and the two carried him up the jet's ramp and lightly set him on one of the benches.

I awkwardly grabbed the pieces of Stark's suit and walked them over to the jet as well, the ramp rising to make a door behind me.

Nat was treating him as best she could as Clint rushed to get the jet over to a hospital. "Are you sure you don't remember anything?" She asked after we were in the air.