Chapter 8: Lunch

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Normal P.O.V

It was a fairly normal afternoon, Steve was getting some extra training in, Clint was starting to prepare food for lunch, Natasha was watching some weird Russian show and Thor was boasting how he was better than Steve.

The only thing that was different were the two science bros. According to Tony, he had a huge project that he had to work on for a client, which obviously Natasha wouldn't let him do. Instead, he was forced to rely on Bruce to figure it out, while he was stuck watching a Russian soap opera with Natasha.

While Tony could speak Russian, he was still completely uninterested in whatever the hell this was. As an emotional moment was playing out on screen, Clint was in tears from the kitchen.

"Clint, you don't even speak Russian," Natasha stated, mimicking Tony's own thoughts.

"But it's so saaaad! She was looking forward to the Russian thing but now the Russian guy is mad and her mom said something in Russian and it sounded bad and she's crying and her evening is ruined!" He cried, dabbing his eyes with the dishtowel he was using.

Tony rolled his eyes and stood up, walking towards the elevator.

"Tony!" Natasha stood up as well. "I sure hope you're going down to your room."

The billionaire turned around with a bored expression and sighed. He held his arm out at the elevator, inviting Natasha to escort him to where he was allowed to go.

The spy glanced back at him and took the lead. She really didn't want to have to constantly be watching Tony, she knew he hated it too, but she just couldn't trust him to do what he's supposed to do.

The two Avengers sat in silence, something that had become a regular for Tony, as they rode the elevator down to the bedroom floor. He resisted the urge to tap his foot or lip-sync to the song, wanting to come off as angry to Natasha.

They exited the small metal box and walked down the hallway to Tony's room, where Natasha let out a sigh. "You don't happen to have any tech in there, do you?"

Tony scrunched up his face and went into the room, coming out with three buckets of random scraps. Natasha breathed in to say something but Tony shushed her, going back in and coming out with more stuff, and then he repeated this about five times.

The genius gave a smug smile as he set the last box down, watching how Natasha looked at all of it dejectedly.

He walked into his room for a final time and shut the door, his smile never fading.

Once he was sure Natasha had left with all the boxes, he sat down at his desk and pulled out a mini-projector, glowy holograms showing up in front of him.

He typed a demand to JARVIS and the security feed for the lab popped up, revealing a rather confused Bruce pacing around the room. Tony rolled his eyes and motioned with his hands to bring it up.

The holograms suddenly recreated part of his lab in his room, covering every corner and allowing Tony to continue his work. Granted, nothing will actually get done, but once nighttime rolls around, he'll know exactly what to do, so he can just quickly whip it up without having to spend all night down there, making it easier for him to get caught.

He got to work, walking around and gathering the materials, every once in awhile phasing through Bruce, who looked to be on the verge of a panic attack.

Before he could get anywhere even close to done, there was a knock on the door. Tony hurriedly turned the hologram off, with JARVIS automatically saving his work, and hopped in his bed, picking up a random book and shoving his face in it.

Clint opened the door slowly and peeked in with a small smile. "Lunch's ready," He calmly said, opening the door more and walking in.

Tony gave a small nod and Clint looked at him strangely. "Why are you reading a book on beginner mechanics upside-down?"

The billionaire froze and slowly turned the book around to look at the cover, noticing that it was indeed a beginner mechanics book, something that he had planned to give to Peter at some point but completely forgot, and quickly flipped it back, facing it at him. He took a breath to say something, before realizing he was unable to, and he made a pained face.

Clint just chuckled and shook his head. "Whatever kind of mischief you're doing, just don't hurt yourself, kay?" He started to walk out. "And don't be late for lunch! I worked really hard on it..." He mumbled before closing the door and leaving Tony alone in his room.

Tony looked down at the beginner mechanics book and sighed. What am I doing?

<><>At Lunch<><>

"Tony coming?" Natasha asked nonchalantly as Clint stepped out of the elevator.

"Think so," He said simply, taking a seat at the table a making himself a plate.

The avengers sat in silence, happily enjoying their meals (especially Thor) until Bruce burst into the room panting. "THAT PLACE IS A DEATH TRAP!"

"I thought you worked down there all the time with Tony," Steve gave the scientist a confused look.

"YEAH, BUT USUALLY HE'S THERE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO TOUCH! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HALF THAT STUFF DOES AND I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I'VE GOTTEN ELECTROCUTED OR EVEN FRIGGIN' SHOT!"

"Okay, we get it, you can stop yelling," Clint said annoyedly.

"NO, I PHYSICALLY DON'T THINK I CAN! I GOT MY EARS BLASTED OUT BY SOME MACHINE THAT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Thor merely laughed and continued to stuff his face with food, earning a look of absolute betrayal from Bruce.

"THIS IS NOT FUNNY I THINK I'M DEAF!"

"I dunno, it's kinda funny," Natasha smiled, earning herself the same look.

"Well, I think that whatever happened, it doesn't matter. Now, sit down and eat your food," Steve snapped, taking another bite off of his plate.

"Woah, obviously someone's in a grumpy mood, today. I've never heard you be that rude to someone, Cap," Clint smiled piling some food onto a plate for Bruce.

The super-solider grumbled something under his breath before taking another bite of food. Natasha looked over at him worriedly. "You okay, Steve?"

Right then, the elevator dinged and Tony strolled out, lazily walking over towards the table where all his friends were.

Steve stood up without finishing his food and shoved his way past Tony and to the elevator, angrily pushing the button and tapping his foot as he went down.

Tony looked over quizzically at the others, but they just shrugged and went back to their food. The genius glanced at the elevator doors, but eventually just sighed and gathered some food for his lunch.

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Sorry, this is a really short update! Something happened recently to one of my family members while something else really stressful was happening and now my other family members are making it worse. Let's just say that my entire family is being divided and someone's in the hospital. I probably won't be updating very frequently for a bit, and I'm sorry for that, but I'll try my best.

Wow, that's a bit deeper than I wanted to go, so here's this:

You're welcome