Angels with Switchblades

"Thanks again for letting me crash at your place, man. I really needed to get out of that damn apartment."

"No problem. It's the least I could do after you took the blame for me after setting off those smoke bombs during that assembly."

Dean chuckled, "Yeah, I got suspended for a month. I tried to keep you from getting in trouble and you found another way to get yourself expelled, Sami."

Sami Callihan was Dean's best and only friend. Ever since he got kicked out of school, life for the both of them really started to suck. School just wasn't the same without Sami. Dean was no saint but he was better at staying out of trouble than Sami was. The reason he got expelled was because he got caught selling marijuana on school property. Sami actually wasn't a bad guy just a little troubled. Yeah he loved to cause trouble and get himself into stupid situations but it wasn't all his fault. Dean blamed Sami's parents for that, how else is a kid supposed to turn out when his parents joined cult's and tried to get you to join them. Sami was also working under Jack in the dealing business. That's how he was able to make the money to buy the trailer that he currently lives in.

Dean never could understand why Sami chose to get himself into the dealing business. The guy was a total genius. In fact, he was a prodigy. He could recite the first 300 digits in Pi off the top of his head. If Dean had Sami's brains he knew that he wouldn't still be selling drugs, he'd try to go make something of himself.

Sami shrugged, then flopped on the couch, "So tell me, what's with you and this chick that was staying with you?"

"How'd you know about that?"

"Hey, I might not be going to Dater anymore but I'm still in the loop."

Dean shook his head, "Nobody at school knew that she was living with me!" he panicked.

"Apparently everbody does now. Somebody saw her running out of your apartment the other night with her bags" Sami explained.

"FUCK! I'm never going to hear the end of this!" Not going to school for the past couple days might look pretty shady too. I knew I should have gone.

Sami sat up, "Whoa, take it easy man. Who is she?"

Dean rubbed his face, "She's uhhhh, her names AJ. I saw her getting picked on at school by-"

"Lee?" Sami cut him off.

"Huh?"

Sami rolled his eyes, "Lee! AJ Lee! Is that who was staying with you??"

"Yes! You know her?"

"Hell yeah I know her. She was in almost all of my classes except math, she's hot." Sami paused, "Wait... How do you know her? I wouldn't take AJ Lee as... Um. Your type. Did you guys fuck??"

"Jesus Christ, Sami! First of all, there was nothing going on between us. Second, I don't have a specific type. And lastly, let me finish my story!"

Sami laid back on the couch waiting for Dean to proceed with the story.

"Ziggler and his crew were messing with her in the school parking lot and Miz hit her and that's when I jumped in a beat the shit out of him." a childish smile grew upon Sami's face, he loved it when Dean would put asshole's in their place. "I invited her to get something to eat after school and then she told me she was homeless and that she was living in her broken down car that her parents left her after they abandoned her. I felt bad so I offered her to stay with me."

Sami nodded his head, sitting up. "Okay, this still doesn't explain why she ran out of your place."

Dean's stomach twisted in knots just thinking about that night, how he wished he could forget it. "I don't want to talk about it."