Tag Along

Dean and Sami were snoozing in the middle of the floor; they fell asleep the night before watching old wrestling DVDs with The Uso's and Finn; who left in the middle of the night to go back home. A slam of a car door woke them from their deep slumber.

Sami groaned, "I think that's AJ."

Dean rolled over, covering his face with his blanket, "She has a key."

The door was pushed open slowly, clothes on the floor infront of the door made it almost impossible to open it all the way. "Ugh. Guys I'm gone for 2 days and you turn this place into a barn." AJ said, tossing their clothes in a corner. Sami and Dean ignored her, trying to go back to sleep. "It's going on 3 in the afternoon, would it kill you guys to wake up already and open a blind?" AJ stepped over Dean's tired body and opened up a shade to let in some light. The boys whined but turned the other way, burying their faces into the pillows. "Wake up!" AJ pounced on the both of them, pulling the cover off of their bodies. She blushed when she noticed that they were only wearing their boxers.

Sami covered himself quickly with another blanket, "Pervert!"

"I'm not a pervert! Who goes to sleep in their underwear!?"

"Uhhhh everybody!" Sami argued.

"AJ." Dean said. "Don't act like you didn't enjoy the view." he smirked put his shorts on.

AJ's cheeks tingled. "Shut up." she said eyeballing Dean's muscles. "What did you two do while I was gone?" she tried changing the subject. Her eyes still traveling up Dean's body and up to his face. "What happened?!" she said worriedly rushing close to Dean, inspecting the large scar on his face.

Dean grabbed her hands, pulling them off of his face. "Calm down. I'm fine. I just ran into a little trouble the other day.It's no big deal."

AJ tugged out of Dean's grip, "It is a big deal! You could have been-" she paused not wanting to think about what could have happened. "I don't like you two being out all the hours of the night around drugged up psychos. Do you have any idea how worried I get? All the times I think that something like this or worse could happen to either of you. Guys you have to stop. Next time.. You might not be so lucky to get away."

Dean and Sami knew how unfair it was leaving AJ worried sick with only their word proving that they'll be okay. They didn't blame her for being upset. She had a right to be. Hell, if the roles were switched they'd be feeling the same way.

Dean sighed, "AJ, you don't know the whole story."

She crossed her arms, "Then enlighten me."

Dean told her everything that happened between him and his mom and the guy in the alley. She wished that there was something she could do to make sure they were safe when they left. Sadly, she was just boxing with shadows. There was nothing that a girl like her could do for guys like them.

Sami scratched the back of his head, "As much as it pains me to say this, you're just gonna have to get over it."

"Or you could be in a different line of work." she added.

"AJ, it's not that easy." Dean said, "If we could stop doing this don't you think we would of already? There's risks into taking this kind of job and leaving it."

"You think I don't know that?"

"No, AJ. You don't." Sami said. "Jack... He wants a good reason for why we would want to stop working for him. Do you really think he'd except us going up to him and saying 'we wanna quit cuz our friend thinks this is dangerous'? No way in hell that could happen."

"That would probably get us a royal beat down." Dean added.

AJ thought about what they said, "Either you stop or I come with."