24.0 Reduced Hope

24.0 Reduced Hope

Hey guys, I’m back again. I still don’t have a fixed schedule for this and maybe won’t have them anymore since I’m going to finish this story before the end of the year.  

SHOUTOUT: for aiyane for voting all the chapters and for the follow, thank you so very much. ~fCee

SHOUTOUT: for direfaery for the continued support. Thanks so much ;* ~fCee

SHOUTOUT: for Queen_of-the_Otakus for the continued support and the great comment. Thanks so much ;* ~fCee

-STAR-

“Go!” I saw Night craw near a huge tree and the river of blood coming from his jeans on the right side of his leg.

I dash towards him but a hand gripped me. Jeremy held me dragging my shivering body behind another tree far away from Night as I looked at our enemies come behind my lover.

“Save yourself, leave me,” I heard Night told us as he vanished from my view, the trunk of huge trees separating us.  

“No!” I shouted struggling away from Jeremy’s grip so I could go to him, so I could be by his side, so I could protect him. But Jeremy wasn’t letting me. His grip was so tight and strong that I couldn’t get away. He dragged me a couple of trees more, as far away from my Night.

“He’s going to be alright,” he whispered. We got to save ourselves first.

“No!” I answered him. “I need him. We need to save him.”

I knew that Night wasn’t going to be alright. How could he be when our pursuers were already behind him with guns on their hand and armed with the intent to kill? With all the bullets that they threw at us, it’s not likely that they’ll leave us alive more so unharmed.  

I struggled. Night was unarmed because only Luna and Jeremy had guns. What could Night do then? He’ll just be there sitting behind a tree helpless and waiting for the enemy to shoot his head.

He’ll be dead.

And suddenly there was a loud gunshot. The sound came from where Night had been hiding.

My heart stopped beating as a tear fell from my eyes. Night? What was happening there?

“N…,” I shouted his name but Jeremy covered my mouth. And then a man passed by the tree we were hiding behind with blood on his clothes and a rifle on his hand.

He continued to walk until he saw us. Unlucky for him Jeremy had already aimed at him and clicked the trigger. There was a deafening sound of the gun making me see all black before a hole and lot of red splattered from the guy’s head.

My eyed turned huge as shocked came over my body.

It was my first time seeing someone killed right in front of my eyes. I could still see the repeat of how that man looked at us with his panic stricken face seeing Jeremy pointing a 45 millimeter hand gun to his head.

I could still remember how the blood splattered and a hole appeared on his head then his limp body fell to the ground.

Jeremy immediately went to the body to grab the flash light the man had and the rifle that fell to the ground. He checked the body for any remaining ammunition and took them.

I just stayed there frozen on the ground near the tree where he left me, watching as he searched for any more loot from the dead body.

“You…killed…” I still couldn’t believe what was happening. “He… he’s dead.” I covered my mouth not wanting to say the words.