13.0 Unopened Eyes

-NIGHT-

It had already been three days after the accident but still Dylan has not opened his eyes. I suffered some minor burns, same as he did but he was unconscious. I was worried about him and had never left his side.

“Night you should get some sleep.” It was Fried who talked to me.

“Don’t call me that.” I told him. “I remembered everything. I know everything!” Yes indeed I remembered what I had forgotten. 

“Lyon?” Fried was a little shocked and somewhat amazed.

We were alone in the room, the three of us. “Yes, Fried. It’s me. And don’t you dare tell me to leave because this is where I belong.” I held Dylan’s hands. He was now being supported by dextrose and wires are connected to his body to monitor his heart beat.

“The doctor said everything about him is normal.” I told him feeling sad deep inside. “Normal!” I repeated tears are starting to fall from my eyes. “So why, why doesn’t he wake up yet.” And those tears started to fall, little by little.

Fried touched my shoulder but I shrugged him away.

“You know what; this was all your fault.” I told him. Yes because it was all his fault. If he didn’t transfer Dylan to Castle Heart, then he would not have been caught in that fire. “Your fault!” I told him.

I held my love’s hand on my face feeling his warmth which was slowly fading. I remembered everything starting from that night when we were still little, when we were kidnapped. I hated myself for not remembering that time.

“If only I have remembered earlier. If I had not blocked the memories inside of me about the past then this might not have happened.”   I hated myself for it. If only…

The door opened and but I never turned to look at who was there. I never cared. All I cared about  was my beloved opening his eyes. I want him to open his eyes again.

“Jeremy!” I heard Fried greet the guy at the door. It was the guy who was always with Dylan. I have no first hand encounter with him. Only Night was the one who talked to him. And he was not in a very good term with the guy.

“You.” He said.

“Why are you here?” He held me and pulled me away from my Dylan. “How dare you after what you’ve done?”

He held me in the collar of my shirt and punched me in the face once. He was about to strike again when Fried stopped him.

“It was not his fault.” Fried said.

“No!” Jeremy said with a look that could kill. “The fire wasn’t but because of that guy that Dylan left the rogue dorm in the first place. Because of that guy, that he was unconscious now.”

He must have been so much hurt. It was not me who told him to go away from Dylan, it was Night. But Night and I are one now, so it was still me even if it wasn’t. It’s too confusing. But he doesn’t know Night exist.