Prologue

~4 Years Earlier~

I already knew what was about to happen, as he stood up. He says a few words before he is kneeling in front of Kriss. This was supposed to be for me! The whole room is shocked. I notice King Clarkson having an extremely pleased smile on his face. Next to him, Queen Amberly gave me a look. I could see she was shocked. 

She mouthed, "Did you know about this," to me, and I nodded my head yes. She then mouthed, "Come see me when he dismisses you." I nod. I just want to run off the stage, but I have to wait for Maxon to dismiss me. I hate even thinking about him! I love him! If he would have let me explain, then I would be in Kriss's position!

Maxon glared at me, and my heart cracked into a million pieces. He wouldn't even talk to me. He just gave me a signal, saying I could go. I wanted to cry, but I can't make myself seem worse than I am. I need to appear strong. I see Queen Amberly walk up to me, and I take a deep breath.

"America, please come with me." I nodded my head, and I followed her to the women's room. She whispered something to the guard, and he nodded. We then went in. The door was closed, and we sat down next to each other on a couch.

"What happened? Just yesterday he was telling me he was going to pick you." I could not hold it in anymore, I just started crying. She rubbed my back and held me close to her. Even though she wouldn't be my mom, she would always be like one to me. I told her everything. I told her about Aspen, and how I was telling him I was done with him. I told her how Maxon would not let me explain myself. I even told her about my feelings.

"America, you both are in the wrong here. You should have told Maxon a while ago, and he should have let you explain." I nodded, wiping tears away from my cheeks. I looked into her eyes.

"I want you to know that even though he did not choose you, you will always be like a daughter to me." I nodded, and she embraced me. I felt so safe. She was the mom that I never had, and most likely never will have. 

All of a sudden, the guard came in, and Queen Amberly looked up at him.

"Your Majesty, Prince Maxon is requesting to come in." I had a look of terror in my face and knew that she needed to talk to him. She looked at me.

"I really don't want to have to be around him right now. I am hurt as it is. I will let you talk to him. Please do not tell him what I told you though." She nodded and gave me one last hug. I knew that this was goodbye.

"Goodbye, Queen Amberly. Thank you for everything." It looked as if she was about to cry as well.

"Goodbye America. I will miss you." Then she came up to my ear to whisper something, "and I bet you he will end up missing you as well." I nod and leave out the alternate door, as she nods at the guard.

As I walk out, I see Celeste by the door to the Great Room. She runs up and hugs me. I start to break down again. She walks me upstairs and the next thing I know, I am surrounded by Celeste, Mary, Lucy, and Anne. They are all trying to calm me.

"I really thought it was going to be you, Miss." I knew that voice belonged to Lucy.

"I did too, until this morning." They all gave me a questioning look, and I ended up telling them the whole story as well. They all were sitting around me, shocked. Well, everybody but Lucy. Aspen had already told her, and she told me what Aspen was going to tell me. We were both done with each other. I took deep breaths. I ruined my whole life today. 

"I don't know if I can ever forgive myself!" The four girls looked around at each other, and then me.

"America, it is not all your fault. Sure, you made a mistake, but everybody makes mistakes. He should of let you get a word in." I nod at what Celeste said, feeling the tears slow down.

"I just need to move on from this terrible experience." My maids looked like they had taken offense. I could not hurt them.

"You three, plus all of the Elite, are probably the only reason I am happy I was here. Thank you for everything. All of you." They all smiled at me. Celeste was the only one to speak.

"Let's make Maxon see what he is missing. You are going out in style." I smile, and all four of the help find a dress that would surly make Maxon see what he would be missing. It was a blue color, with a deep slit that went from a few inches below my waist to the ground. My leg was poking out, and I had a pair of black strappy heels on. My hair was put in a nice bun, with some hair framing my face. It really did look like I was going out in style. My make up was done a little bit more than usual, but I could still see me shining through.

I looked at myself in the mirror. It reminded me of the time I was wearing the red dress and I was trying to be- No. I am not going to waste my energy thinking about him! I took a deep breath.

"The big question is now what? I am a three now, but I do not know what to do with my life." Celeste looked at me.

"You may be a three now, but I am sure we can make you a two. You are so talented. You could be a professional singer-songwriter. People write songs using experiences, and you can easily do that. People love you already. It honestly would not be too much of a change." I nodded at her. Now that I am known around the world, I can easily become a singer. 

"You can live with me, for now." I nodded at her. We were pretty much like sisters. We did fight sometimes, but she has become one of my best friends.

"I need to write a letter to tell Maxon that my family is not excepting that house. He can give it to Kriss's family for all I care! I don't need to have any of my family close to here." Everybody in the room nodded, and I found a sheet of paper. This is exactly what I need to do to move on. As soon as I finished, I went on, hugging and thanking my maids for everything. Thank goodness they put waterproof mascara on because my makeup would be messed up for sure by now. 

Celeste and I walked out of my room door, and down the stairs. I saw that the Women's room door was open, and nobody was in there. Maxon must be in the Great Room with his fiance. Celeste gives me a questioning look, wondering if she should deliver it for me. I knew I had to face him, so I told her I could do it. She squeezed my shoulders, and I strutted in. 

The whole room became silent, and I noticed Maxon, sitting down next to Kriss. I walked right up to him and slapped the envelope on the table. I noticed he was staring at me, but I did not care. I walked straight back out of the door. This part of my life would now be over, and I can go on without thinking of him ever again. 

Celeste and I then walked outside. Just as I was about to head outside, I heard somebody yelling after me. Maxon.

"America, wait!" I ignored him and got into the limo, and Celeste followed me in. Celeste closed the door, and I noticed him staring at the car as the driver drove us away. I sat in the comfort of Celeste, knowing that part of my life was over. Or so I thought.

A/N

HIIII! I know, I made you wait a whole month for this!! I wrote this back at the end of May, but I can not WAIT for you to read this story! It has an AMAZING plot (in my opinion, but I'm kind of biased) and I can NOT wait for this book to come from my mind to Wattpad for you all to read it! I love you all, and I hope the wait was worth it! -Kenzie