Chapter 2

After Eadlyn and Ahren woke up from me and Celeste's argument last night, I decided that they could sleep with me. So I was kind of shocked when they were not in my bed when I woke up. I get up and walk into the kitchen, where I see Celeste feeding them some breakfast. I sigh, knowing that they are being watched over.

"Mommy! You finally woke up!" I smile at Eadlyn, and walk-up, so I am in between my two smiling children. I bend down and kiss both of their foreheads. 

Eadlyn looks nothing like me. She looks just like her grandmother, whom I have not seen in four years. She has dark brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. After I left the palace, I have only seen her on the report. She seems happy to most, but I can see that something has changed in her.

Ahren looks just like his dad. That is another reason I can not bring them with. He has his honey blonde hair and his chocolate brown eyes. He is the miniature version of the prince. That kind of scares me though. I just hope that nobody will be able to notice his features and notice him as his loving self.

I keep my children away from mention of the royal family, and the selection. They do not need to know about all of my struggles, that led to them. They have asked about who the prince was, but I told them he was the leader of our country, who makes our laws, along with his father, who is the king. That information seemed to go right over their heads, so they didn't ask any more questions.

"How are my two little munchkins?"

"We are good, mommy. Auntie Celeste made us toast with strawberry jelly and scrambled eggies! See?" I chuckled at Ahren's response. He is so sweet, but he can be shy. I think it is so cute how they call eggs, eggies.

"I see! Is it yummy?"

This time Eadlyn spoke up, "Yes it is! It is the best thing I have ever tasted!" I just laughed at her. Eadlyn loved anything with strawberries in it, just like her mommy. They stopped talking and continued to eat their food. There was tension in the air after our argument last night, but we have to resolve our argument, for the twins' sakes.

"How are you doing Celeste?" She looked at me, and I moved my head over to the twins, signaling that we will talk about it later when the twins are not around. She nodded, and I just smiled.

"I am good. You need to be out of the house in an hour so we can get you ready for that concert. I will have the twins ready. Marlee is going to bring the twins with her because she has a day off. She will be here in thirty minutes." I sighed relieved. Marlee had volunteered to watch the twins while I am performing on stage at the concert. I smiled. She would be sitting backstage, watching on a screen with the twins. Celeste was already ready, so she could help with the twins. 

It was only 8:00, but we have to get moving. The show starts in six hours. I still have to get there, get hair and makeup done, get my costume on, and do a mic check. We then do a quick run-through of the show, so everybody knows the order.

I grab a bowl of cereal and go to get changed. I brush my teeth when I finish, and take a quick shower. When I am done, I get dressed, fix my hair, and hurry out the door. Marlee is there, with the twins. I grab their bag of stuff to do while we are backstage. They both have their IPad and a coloring book in there. I let them pick one toy to bring with as well. Eadlyn chose her baby doll, while Ahren chose his favorite toy car. I was not surprised by their choices. I give them a hug and kiss both of their foreheads, before heading out with Celeste. Marlee would be bringing them later. They would get bored quickly.

About a half an hour later, we arrive and I am being rushed into my dressing room. People immediately start by doing my hair and getting me in costume. When they finish that, they work on makeup. It has been two hours because they are trying to have everything perfect. I still have four hours. At that time we have to do a mic check and a run-through. When I am done with that, I need to eat. By that time, Eadlyn, Ahren, and Marlee should be here.