Chapter 5

"What do you mean they are getting a divorce?! In the selection, I thought Sylvia said that the royals were not allowed to get divorced!"

"Well... there are certain circumstances where it is possible." What does Mom mean by this?! This is bullcrap! Why would there be certain circumstances in this situation? What could happen that makes them change the royal rules?!

"WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?!" I know I am screaming, but I can't help it! I am enraged! Everybody in the other room comes in, extremely confused. Eadlyn and Ahren run up to me, Ahren hiding behind me, while Eadlyn reaches up for me to pick her up. I take a deep breath and bend down so I am at their level. 

"Hey, I am sorry I yelled. Do you guys want a popsicle and to go to the park?" They nod eagerly, and I look up at Mom signalling for her to help me get May, Gerad, and Astra to go with. She nods, and in five minutes, only Kenna, Celeste, Mom and I are in the kitchen.

"America, there are no details about the divorce, besides the fact that Maxon will be single in a week or two." I look at Kenna, shocked at everything that is happening. I feel a hand rub my back, and look over my shoulder to see Celeste trying to comfort me.

"Why do I need to know this?" I am annoyed that they had to bring it up, but it is better to find out now than in an interview.

"America, Prince Maxon needs to remarry.  He needs an heir to the throne, and he can not rule a country all by himself. The king and quen will be backing down soon, and he will have to step up."

"He is NOT going to have my kids! NO WAY IN HELL WILL I HAND THEM OVER IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL ME!"

"America, you and I both know that he would not do that to you."

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT CELESTE!! HE COULD REALIZE THAT MY KIDS ARE HIS HE HAS ALREADY SEEN THEM ONCE!" I am so angry, and Celeste is being infuriating! Why would she just assume these things!

"Hold up, back up. He has met them?!" Kenna and Mom are both in shock from my outbursts.

"Yes! It is a long story, but it was an accident! They came in at the wrong time when he decided he would show up at MY concert! I just want him to be out of my life!"

"Ames, it is a rule that the selected that have not been married come back to join the selection along with other new members-"

"WHAT!?!?" Celeste and I are both realizing this now. Only Celeste and I are single! Well, technically Celeste has a fling like every other week, but still! 

"NO WAY AM I GOING BACK THERE! I HAVE TWO KIDS!" 

"America, we are not going. If they try to make us go back, we will resist." I nod at Celeste, and head to the freezer. I grab the new tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and get a metal spoon. I sit back down and dig in knowing that there is another tub in there if anybody else wants some.

"America, he announced to the pubic that they are having a bonus report tonight with the info, because not all of the information was released." Kenna looks at me, trying to be gentle, a=but knowing that I am about to crack at any second. I slowly nod, shoving another spoon full of ice cream in my mouth.

"Ames, I know how hard this is for you. I will take care of the twins for you  for the rest of the day. You two can just relax for tonight. It must be a lot for you to find out all at once. I will watch the report, and we can go over the information tomorrow. Plus, I need some bonding time with my grandchildren." I nod, and then take the bucket of ice cream, that is now just over half full, into my room.

I put on a comfy pair of pajamas and then turn on the tv. Celeste comes walking in, already in her pajamas, knowing that I am about to watch a movie. She flop down on the bed, while I scroll through the movies we have on their. I scroll through, and find a musical that once was on broadway based off of a really old movie. It was with the original cast, and I thought I might as well check it out. 

"What are we watching?" I turn my head and notice that Celeste has her face pretty much burried in a pillow.

"It is an old musical that came from a movie called Heather's. It is a performance with the original cast on broadway from the year of 2014."

"You could of just told me what it is called, instead of giving me the whole backstory you know." I roll my eyes at that comment, and turn it on. We stay there together, getting our mind off of the reality that we live in.

A/N

Hi! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am sorry it is a bit shorter than usual! I had to add that end part of the chapter because Heather's is one of my favorite musicals! I wish their was a film like the one I described, but the closest thing is illegal bootlegs on youtube. Lots happened in this chapter, and I can not wait for you to read the next chapter! It SHOULD be up next week, but I am going to be on vacation, so it might not be up. I will try to write it, and you will hopefully get it next week, maybe the week after! Love you all, and thanks for reading this, and listening to me rant!

-Kenzie