26 (Final)

Kellin's POV

I don't know how long I sat on the beach for after Vic left. I lost track of all time and before I knew it I was sitting under the stars. I felt so alone and lost. I've taken it too far this time. My own trust issues have finally pushed Vic over the edge and now he's done with it. He's done with me. I hadn't cried all afternoon, but now a stray tear rolled down my cheek. We had argued before but this time it was different. This time he didn't come to smooth things over with me. This time he couldn't be bothered, and I don't blame him.

I was so lost in my own little world that I didn't hear the sliding door open or someone walk over to me. I only noticed when they sat down. My head snapped to the side quickly thinking that it might be Vic, but it wasn't. It was Jenna.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked. The mere question made tears spring to my eyes as I shook my head and let out a sob.

"No. I fucked up, Jen." My voice was strained and cracking and I'd be surprised if she could even understand what I said. I blinked away the tears only to see Jenna giving me a light smile. I frowned and looked at her in confusion.

"What? Are you happy about my misery or something? Vic doesn't want to be with me anymore and you're smiling?" I asked angrily. She rolled her eyes at me and stood up.

"Come on." She said and gestured for me to get up.

"What?"

"Get up, you're coming with me." She said, just making me more confused.

"No, I don't want to go anywhere." I said. I wonder where she wanted to take me though. Can't she see that I'm a mess? The last thing I want to do is go with her.

"Trust me." She said. There was something in her voice, maybe a glint in her eye or the slight upturn of her lips that made me think there was something she wasn't telling me. I wasn't in the mood for whatever it is though.

"If you're trying to cheer me up then don't bother. I just want to be left alone." I said miserably and turned back to the ocean. Jenna made a sound of frustration and grabbed hold of my upper arm, her unusual strength pulling me to my feet.

"Come with me. You are not going to sit here having a pity party for yourself because you got into a dumb argument." She said and dragged me towards the house.

"It wasn't just a dumb argument. You didn't hear him, Jenna. He's done with me." I said.

"So am I if you don't stop whining." She joked.

"That is not funny." I said. I still had a few tears escaping my eyes as she led me through the house and I didn't put up a fight at all. The curiosity in me was telling me to go with her and find out where she wants to take me, even though I just wanted to be left alone. She took me outside and to her car. I briefly wondered where Tony or baby Beau was tonight but I didn't have the energy to question her.

"Get in." She said and I got in the car, participating in whatever she wanted me to do. It's not like I had anything better to do, I guess. I noticed that Vic's car was gone though. I wonder where he ended up. Actually, I wonder if he's okay. He's a bit of a reckless driver when he's upset so I started to get a bit worried.

"Buckle up." Jenna said when she got in the car, but I didn't bother. I didn't care much for safety right now. I didn't care what happened to me. Jenna just gave a disapproving look and rolled her eyes at me. She's supposed to be my best friend so maybe a little bit of comfort wouldn't go astray, but no, just like everyone else she is sick of how I act.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as she started driving. She didn't answer me though, just kept that smile on her face. I sighed and rested my head against the cool window and looked out of it, letting my thoughts wander. How am I going to live my life without Vic? The last time I tried I ended up on drugs and drinking away the pain. I'm afraid I'd end up there again if this doesn't work out. Fuck, why can't I just be normal? Why do so many things have to happen to me that messes me up mentally so I'm not able to function like a normal boyfriend? I want to be like a normal couple, a normal happy couple who do normal couple things and I want to not be afraid all the time that he's going to leave me, which I'm sure he will. I feel like we're going nowhere with our lives, or constantly going around in circles. We're not moving forward. I feel like we're just...stuck.