Darkness Shall Rise

Kaylee's POV

"Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free." Cole groans pulling up a lamppost. I use my elemental rope thingy I decided to make my full-time weapon, and hold it in place.

"Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating!" Kai huffs, throwing his arms up, and accidentally hit me. "Sorry Kaylee."

"That's fine," I say, a little dizzy. "You have a mean swing there."

"Aah!" The lamppost falls over since my rope disappeared the moment I got distracted.

"Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but... I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep." Kai sighs.

"No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways." Zane informs.

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." Kai snaps half-heartedly.

"Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community." Jay fixes the lamppost. "Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." Jay asks looking around.

"There she is!" I yell, pointing to her.

"And I have. I may have found us a place to live." Nya replies.

"Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay asks.

"I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place if you catch my drift." She hands Jay a flyer.

"You sure do know a lot of important people huh?" I comment.

"And where are you off to?" Jay asks.

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!" Sensei cheers.

"Ay ay, Sensei." Nya obliges.

"Yee-haw!" They both drive away.

"Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen. Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd." Jay smiles.

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large." Cole nods. We go and get Lloyd from the hotel area we were staying at, and go find this Patty Keys. Once we do, she shows a run-down apartment.

"This one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach? Now, wait until you see the lighting." Patty turns on the light, but the lightbulb explodes. "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view?" She opens the curtains to reveal a brick wall. "Heh."

"Uh, why do I smell old people?" Lloyd asks.

"Look, doll. I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford." Patty snaps.

"Uh, this looks...promising. Remember, guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite. If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford." Cole looks around.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not rush into any decision. I mean, if it's really all about Lloyd, don't we need to live in someplace that'll make training easier?" Jay asks.