[3] Secrets can't hide for longer

Ida was sitting on one of the guests room's beds; she looked absent calmly thinking without saying any word.

Pyper could almost said nobody was at home, and that really made her feel sad about Ida.

The most obvious thing for Pyper is to ask herself:

"What happened to her?" Or "What happened to you?"

But no way she was going to pretend something she knew.

Pyper knew Ida's secret for a long time.
Enough to notice that Ida has always looked Brigitte with different eyes.

She was in love with her.

So, the aged but good-looking woman breathed in and knocked the door.

-Can i come in?

-Of course... Is your house, Pyper.

When she entered she leaned on the threshold, crossing her arms.

-So what has Brigitte done now, dear.

The girl shocked and opened her eyes widely.

-What?

-Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talkin about... i didn't pretend to say I hadn't notice.

-Notice?...

Pyper rolled her eyes and Ida gasped, looking down with her pale cheeks now flushing.

-She avoids me. She always does.

Ida was angry, but also sad and love blinded.

The poor girl didn't know how to feel anymore.

After a little silence, Mrs. Pyper sat down next to her.

-I understand but trust me. I know my best friend; she doesn't hate you.

-Then why does she act like that?

-I'm sure she loves you, but never wants to admit it. I understand her, yeah
.. you were pretty young before and, well, now you are over the age so... - the woman tried to make Ida feel better, trying as well to make her hopes go higher.

At this, the young girl smiled stupidly.

-What?... Are you serious?

-Completely. Everytime I bring the same thing up... like ' oh, the pendant Ida gave to you' she always gets nervous and starts to argue with me. Like, for no real reason.

Pyper grinned and chuckled.

-So, forgive her please. She is just another woman in love... I believe.

Those words hitted hard on Ida.

If what Pyper said wasn't completely certain, that would hurt her a lot.

Needless is to say she was quite wise, and always detected lies and secrets.

What she couldn't help.
The devil knows more because he's old than he's the devil.

-She loves me? And tries to avoid me. - afirmed Ida, analyzing the situation along with Mrs. Pyper.

-What makes sense, honey.

The girl nodded and looked to the ceiling for a moment.

-Why didn't you tell on me when I came here?

-Ida, dear, you don't expect me to talk about a secret romance infront of 13 year old kids, do you?

*Ida's POV*

I laughed a little.

Pyper was right.

What was I thinking in?

Anyways, I can't even believe what she told me but...

The problem isn't gone yet

If Brigitte doesn't want to let me in, it's because she isn't ready.

-Yes, you're right.

-Listen; I can help you. But you know, Brigitte isn't easy to conquer. And less if it's about you. I mean, she'll avoid you at all costs. She is very strong but... hey she keeps your pendant.

-You know what I mean?

-Yes! Completely... but god. This is so embarassing.

-Why?

-Well! My teacher from all my teenhood always knew I liked her best friend who was way older than me then.

-Amazing isn't it. Oh, dear. You betrayed yourself with your glares. So did she.

-Ok... It was obvious. Don't tell me that she noticed too...

-She noticed after I did...

The brunette shook her head.

-What!? You told her?!

-No... just suggested her?

-Agh...

-Hey. Be thankful I'm not charging you for this - joked the sarcastic fem.

She looked at her nails and glanced back.

-First, you have to return again.

-Return?!

-Yes! Haven't you got a psychology career you are working on?

-Yeah but I don't know which destiny I'll... wait a minute. - the girl crossed her fingers and aparted a lock of her hair. -You want me to WORK at Salem High School?

Pyper nodded and clapped slowly.

-Smart girl. Then, you would be...

-The counselor.

Followed Ida, drawing at the same time a smile on her lips and a plan on her mind.

-You two need time for sure. And dealing together will help. ~You don't have any idea of how much tension is between you.

-Excuse me? There's no tension.

-Spare me, dear. Say that again when you've born more than once.

She rolled her eyes and finally smiled normally.

-You'll help me? Really? Would you do that for me?

-Of course... but you have to be patient, and cautious ~ That's the smile I want to see everyday. And oh, there's one more advice...

Ida was feeling like Cinderella talking to her fairy grand-mother.

-Which is?

-You have to be more confident. Act 'better' than her, don't act like the "dreamy shy teen" girl. Act sexy, act... dominant.

Pyper's POV*

OK maybe I talked way too much.

*Ida's POV*

Alright...

Anyways.

I knew I was doing something wrong.

After talking a little more before going to bed, Pyper was about to turn the lights off.

-Now rest, tomorrow will be a very busy day.

And she wasn't dramatyzing at all.