5

It was Sunday

It was Sunday. This meant you were going on a grocery shopping trip for your family. Such a task would normally be for your mother, or perhaps your father on certain occasions, but she had offered to pay you an allowance for it. It would be foolish to turn down such easy money.

You strode down the busy streets of Musutafu with your money in one hand and your shopping list in the other. It was kind of a humorous sight, but you didn't have the luxury of pockets on your small, flared skirt. It was a miracle that you didn't manage to drop any spare bills on the way to the market.

Upon entering the market, you immediately began darting down each aisle while glancing down at your list ever so often. It was a pretty speedy trip, by the time you had gotten to the last aisle, all you had left on your list was detergent.

Whilst reaching on your toes to grab the last bottle of detergent, you somehow managed to fall backwards, hitting the hard, tiled flooring. Letting out a pained groan, you gradually regained your posture and continued on with what you were previously attempting to achieve.

Amidst your struggle, you noticed a larger hand sweeping away the bottle of detergent you had been oh so desperately trying to retrieve. It was as if the world was completely against you.

"Here. Let me get this for you." Or not. Looking up, your eyes once again came in contact with those gorgeous, yet somehow unsettling heterochromia eyes. There's seriously something you don't like about those eyes.

There you were yet again, zoning out in front of the poor two toned male. He was beginning to think that he had intimidated you. "Sorry, I thought I'd grab this for you. Are you okay?" His monotone voice was for once laced with concern, as he gently placed his free hand onto your shoulder.

The sleeveless shirt you were wearing allowed him to feel your soft skin, and boy did it cause his heart to flutter. Before the flustered male could question his own morals, you frantically interrupted him.

"God, I'm sorry! I keep on- I mean, I'm sorry I keep on zoning out like a weirdo. I-I really appreciate your help." You sputtered an apology and quickly bowed, already feeling embarrassed enough by your own obliviousness. Taking the detergent from his larger hand, you once again ran off from him and left him in the dust.

Approaching the cash register, you placed all of your groceries onto the conveyor belt and watched as the cashier began scanning each item. As soon as he finished scanning, he informed you on what your total came to, and you handed him all of the money your mother had provided you with. His expression was bored and unfazed as he quickly brought you down by telling you that you were a few bills off.

Before you could begin panicking, a figure approached you from behind, placing the exact amount of money you needed into your palm. The two toned male was far too close to you, quite literally pressed up against you, but you were too focused on the money he provided you to notice. A small blush covered your features as you handed the cashier the extra money, only to receive a grunt in return.

Once you retrieved your grocery bags, the taller male immediately helped carry the heaviest bags. He insisted, telling you that it was only the right thing to do.

"Thanks for everything. You've been a.. a real help. I'm [L/N][Y/N] by the way." You weren't the greatest at expressing gratitude due to your timid nature, but you truly were glad to have his help. Not only did he grab things for you and help pay for groceries, but he was also willing to literally walk all the way home with you in order to help carry things. You didn't know why he was being so kind to someone he had only met a few days ago, but you sure as hell weren't complaining.

He responded with a simple nod, taking it upon himself to introduce himself as well. "It's no problem. And my name is Todoroki Shoto."

Upon reaching your house, you came to a halt, turning towards the taller male. "W-What? Is my house weird..?" You stuttered, taking in his shocked expression. He quickly shook his head, walking with you towards your front door.

"No. It's just that I'm only a few houses down."

Ah. So he was the one living in the biggest house on the block. You didn't know how you had never noticed him before; he was literally your neighbor!

Before you had the chance to respond, your front door swung open, revealing your lanky younger sibling. "[Y/N]-Chan! You took forever. I thought I was gonna have to go store and check on you.."

Todoroki cleared his throat, causing Kento to dart his head towards the now antsy male. "Oh? She brought in a boy? Come in, you can drop the groceries off onto the island counter."

Both you and the two toned male began dropping groceries off onto the counter. As soon as you were done, Kento began putting the groceries away whilst secretly glaring daggers into the back of Todoroki's head.

As the taller male began making his leave, you followed closely behind, planning on thanking him one last time. He slipped his hands into his pockets as he leaned against your porch, taking in your house's appearance one last time.

"So uh, in order to show you my gratitude, is there anything you'd like in return?" You timidly began tugging at your skirt, as it was just one of your nervous quirks. Todoroki glanced down at your hand, quirking an eyebrow at the notion.

As he looked up, he met your gaze. Your innocent, pure gaze. Of course you weren't indicating anything, you were oblivious to the signals you were sending him. He directed his gaze towards the sun that casted down upon the two of you, considering his options. After coming to a conclusion, he stood straight, preparing to make his leave.

"Yeah. Let me start walking you to school."

————

hmm why does todoroki already throw the reader off so much hmm i wonder

almost added overhaul to the harem but realized he would be kinda op bc he's a part of da mafia. this is an au tho so i could get away with giving him a normal occupation. dunno.