6

"Nee-Chan, mother is going to notice you taking all that food

"Nee-Chan, mother is going to notice you taking all that food. You can't keep telling her you're growing and require two servings!" Your younger brother, Kento, was scolding you once again. It seemed as if every morning was a battle, and the fact that it was the first day of the week certainly added insult to injury.

"Who says I can't? It's been working perfectly fine in my favor!" You barked back, hastily shoving the bentos into your school bag. It was seriously far too early to deal with his childish shenanigans. What did it matter to him if you made an extra bento for your friend? It was for a good cause, you were sure of that.

The tall, strawberry haired male deadpanned, almost dropping the jelly covered table knife in his hand. "It's not working perfectly in mom's favor! Her poor wallet!" Kento whined, his choice of tone rivaling with one's of a dramatic stage actor.

Rolling your eyes, you grabbed the toast he had ever so gracefully prepared for you, allowing a small smile to adorn your features. "Thank you for the breakfast, Kento." These words caused the said male to bashfully smile, knowing in full that he couldn't stay mad at you forever.

As the two of you ate breakfast in a peaceful silence, a knock sounded throughout the four walls of your first floor. You had nearly forgotten about the two toned male you had agreed to walking to school with. "Ah, that must be Todoroki-Kun! Bye Kento, be good at school!" With a pat to your brother's head, you were heading out to greet your newfound friend.

The heterochromia eyed male seemed to perk up at your appearance, almost as if he was surprised you had actually answered the door. A timid smile covered your features as you walked past him, urging him to follow in your footsteps.

Knowing your timid nature, Todoroki was fine with walking to school with you in silence, but he couldn't help but notice you struggle to carry your hefty bag. Doing what he thought was only the right thing to do, he gently pulled the bag off of your shoulder and threw it over his own.

As soon as his hand made contact with the strap of your bag, you felt yourself freeze in place. Of course he didn't mean to cause you discomfort, you knew this, but this action had triggered another one of your horrible flashbacks.

His hand pulled you backwards, causing your back to crash into his chest. Before you could retaliate, his other hand gripped your chin, forcing you to meet his eyes. God. Anything but those eyes.

"[L/N]!" A voice laced with concern had snapped you out of your trance. Freeing your eyes from the prison of your clenched lids, you felt a soft hand wipe a tear from your cheek. You hadn't even realized that you were crying. It was honestly quite humiliating to be so vulnerable to someone you weren't even on a first name basis with.

He had taken note of your flustered expression, and decided to leave the subject alone. The last thing the male wanted was to make you uncomfortable or scare you off by asking invasive questions.

Feeling the need to put you at ease, Todoroki held his hand out, as if asking for permission. At first this had caused your eyes to widen, but you soon relaxed your expression and took his hand in yours, feeling your palms become a bit clammy. It was nice, the two of you walked hand in hand all the way to school.

You didn't really think much of it. Hand holding, in your opinion, could be a completely platonic thing. At your old school, your best friend, Camie, held your hand all the time. It was a notion you weren't a stranger to.

However, Todoroki was getting completely mixed signals. He wasn't used to hand holding; the stoic male wasn't affectionate with any of his friends. He barely exuded any real emotions to them, for that matter. So of course he assumed you were at least somewhat interested him.

Reaching the large school platform, the two of you entered and headed towards your homeroom class. Once you both reached the door to the classroom, you shot your newfound friend a small smile and took your bag back from his possession.

"Thank you, Shoto." As soon as these words left your mouth, the said male felt his heart skip a beat. You had reached first name basis, score.

If only you had paid attention to the blood red eyes piercing through your back on the other side of the hallway.

————

ayo, sorry if this update is a little short. i think i'd rather update with smaller chapters (around 700 words) in order to get them up more frequently.

i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far 🥺