Chapter Eight- Moonlight Talk

"Come with me." Said the NightWing, flying down to the ground below her.
Thunder followed her, now curious about what she had to say. She stretched her wings and glided down to the forest floor, her gold scales catching the moonlight and making them sparkle.
"My name is Moonwatcher, but you can call me Moon." Said the dragon in front of her.
"I'm a NightWing that can read minds and see visions of things to come." Said Moon.
"Though for some reason I can't read your minds." She said, looking Thunder in the eyes.
"We are from a different continent, maybe that's why?" Suggested Thunder.
"Maybe, but that's not why I came here. I came here because I had a vision." Said Moon.
"What did you see?" Asked Thunder, now even more curious.
"It was a storm unlike any Pyrriah has seen before." Said Moon, her eyes drifting to the sky.
"The wind was howling and lightning flashed, and at the peak of Jade Mountain was a gold and black dragon, lightning crackling over its scales, its eyes glowing white and without pupils. When I told dragons about this no one believed me, because we didn't know that you existed." She said, still gazing at the stars.
"Your power will come from the storm itself, it's power will be transferred to you. That's why it needs to be a powerful storm." Said Moon.
"How we will know when that storm arrives, I don't know." Said Moonwatcher, turning her eyes to Thunder.
"I'll feel it." Said Thunder.
"We have a special connection with the storms. We get our power from them. We know how to navigate them and use their lightning as a powerful weapon." She said.
"And I have a feeling that I have a stronger connection than most." She said.
Moon gazed at the three moons that were high in the sky.
"The just dearly hope that we can get to the mountain before the FlameWings find us." Said Thunder, looking up to the sky.
"Or this could end in disaster."
"I've seen faint visions of fire and lightning, of burning forests... but I think that in the end this will all turn out alright." She said.
"I hope so."
"Well, I need to sleep." Said Moon, getting up.
"I'm really tired." She said.
"Me to." Said Thunder, standing and spreading her wings.
"I'll see you in the morning?" Asked Moon, looking into Thunder's eyes.
"Yeah."
Then Moon lifted off into the night, her wings blending in perfectly with the stars. Thunder spread her own wings and flew up to their treehouse, landing lightly and silently in the walkway. She curled up in the far corner under a window and fell asleep.
In the mornings she awoke to the sunlight shining in her eyes, and decided to get up. None of the other dragons were up yet, so she carefully stepped over the sleeping dragons. Thunder then spread her wings and lifted off, landing on a thick tree branch and looking up at the sunrise, watching as the sun reached its orange and gold fingers across the sky.
Thunder rested her head on her talons, letting her mind wander, thinking about the prophecy, the storm, the war still being fought and Cyclone.
She missed him badly. He was the only sibling she she had had, and he had made her laugh every time he had visited them. The time when Cyclone has visited her in the RiverWing village was the first time she had seen him in months.
And now she couldn't hear his voice, his laugh, or his smile. All she had was her memories of him, most of them fuzzy and incomplete.
Thunder felt a tear roll down her snout, and wiped it away with her wingtip.
I need to focus on what is happening now so I can make him proud. She thought.
Suddenly she heard a sound and looked down below her. Two RainWings were waking all of the dragons.
"Thunder!" Called her mother.
"Coming!" Shouted Thunder, spreading her wings and gliding down to the forest floor.
"The Dragonets are here." Said one of them, leading them to where they had met Glory the day before.
Gathered in the space was a blind NightWing, a beautiful green dragon with white markings all over body who looked rather bored, a sand colored dragon who had an excited look on her face and finally there was a kind looking brown dragon that walked with a slight limp.
"These are my friends." Said Glory, spreading a wing towards the assembled dragons.
Each dragon turned there eyes towards them, and each one of their expressions turned to curiosity.
"This is Tsunami, she's a SeaWing." Said Glory.
Tsunami nodded her head when her name was said.
"This is Sunny, a SandWing NightWing hybrid." Said Glory.
"Hello!" Said Sunny, the yellow dragon practically bouncing up and down.
"This is Starflight." Said Glory, motioning to the quiet NightWing.
"Hello." He said quietly.
"And finally, this is Clay, he's a MudWing."
The kind-looking brown dragon waved a wing at them.
Thunder looked at all of the different dragons gathered before her and felt slightly overwhelmed.
Thunder and the rest of the dragons introduced themselves again, and then they got to the important part.
"Thunder, can you tell them why you're here?" Asked Glory gently.
Thunder nodded, and told them what she had told Glory, about the prophecy, the FlameWings, the mountain.
"We can move them to Jade Mountain Academy. Jade Mountain is the tallest peak on the continent." Said Tsunami, looking at all of them.
"We should have two or three empty caves towards the back." Chimed in Clay.
"They would also be safer there then here." Tsunami said.
"Besides, the students would love to meet dragons from another continent." Said Sunny, here voice excited.
"Would you be alright with that?" Asked Glory, looking again at Thunder and the dragons gathered around her.
"Yeah." Said Thunder.
"As long as we can go outside when we want to. Our power lies in storms, we like to fly in them." She said.
"Of course." Said Clay, smiling warmly at her.
"Do you have any belongings?" Asked Tsunami, resting her eyes on them.
Thunder shook her head.
"Besides our satchels, no." She said. 
"We can get them moved now." Said Starflight.
"It would be better that way."
"Go get your things, then, and meet us back here." Said Tsunami.
The StormWings, RiverWings and ForestWings all went back to their treehouses and grabbed their satchels.
We're going to see a new part of this beautiful continent. Thought Thunder, excited.
I can't wait.
Fifteen minutes later they were ready, and the group of dragons took off together, heading towards their new home.