The hidden truth pt1

Jaeyun walked back into her room and took a cloak covering her head and walked secretly to the basement.

Finally, she gets to know what was hidden in the basement and why screaming was heard there.

The basement was dim with light and it was not easy to see what was happening in there.

She walked down some plied of stairs and made it to the end of the basement.

"Please spare my life. I promise I won't tell anyone what I see here."

"My believers, what shall we do? Shall we spare this peasant life or cleansed them?"

The believers all stood up with both hands in the air, cloak and hooded.

They bowed their head down and screamed "Cleansed! Cleansed! Cleansed!"

Jaeyun felt like she was watching a cult.

"So, this is how they are cleansed?"

Jaeyun took a seat at the corner of the room with a cup of tea as she watches everything unfold before her.

Rika stood high up in her throne as she glared down at the man.

"Interesting."

Jaeyun said to herself and took another sip of her tea.

"Please! Let me go. I don't want any of this!"

As the man was being forced to cleansed, he screamed on top of his lungs.

There was steam coming out of the water as they pour the bucket of water on the man, his scream echoed throughout the room.

Jaeyun felt his pain. It was as if his skin burned and it was too much for jaeyun to hear. She decided to go back to her room but heard rika calling out her name.

"Did you enjoy the show jaeyun? I was just getting started. You leaving already?"

Jaeyun pretended not to know and continued walking but her path was blocked by a couple of hooded men.

She was dragged to the front and Rika let out a hearty laugh.

"Why are you full of curiosity jaeyun? Stay here and watch one more before you go."

"Nah, I got the gist of it. I might need my beauty sleep. See ya later rika."

"Watch one more. You will be surprise who it will be, don't you want to know?"

Rika voice demanded her to stay and she did,

Rika pulled jaeyun to stand beside her and the next one really surprised her.

"Ray?"

"Jaeyun? What are you doing here?"

Jaeyun facial expression mirrored Ray.

Ray was pushed harshly to his knees and he looked exhausted.

"Ray, have you been taking the elixir regularly like a good boy you are?"

"..."

"Why are you not taking it? Do you want to hear people calling you weak? Do you want to hear me call you weak? Useless? Are you going to disappoint me?"

Rika screamed. She was mad as her eyes filled with tears.

"Do you want jaeyun to see you this weak and pathetic?"

"No!"

Ray pushed her away as his eyes stared to the ground.

"No? Did you push me away? Do you want to leave this place too, huh? Is that what you want?"

"I don't need the elixir to feel better."

"Drink it!"

Rika forced Ray to drink it and Jaeyun took the elixir away.

"Rika, let me talk to him."

"Will you please? Ray will only listen to you."

Ray looked at jaeyun helplessly as she held onto his hand and help him to stand up.

"Can you walk?"

He shakes his head 'no' and jaeyun help him to walk to her room but he wanted to go to the garden.

Jaeyun led him to the garden and slowly he sat down on the bench.

"I'm sorry you have to see that weak me."

Ray said. He was miserable and was embarrassed cause jaeyun saw his weak side which he was trying so hard to hide.

"Please forget what you see tonight."

"You've been suffering all this while? You are not a weak person, ray. You are the strongest person I know. It must have been hard for you."

Jaeyun embraces him and her embrace was so warm it made Ray remembered his mom.

Ray cried in her embrace.

"There, there. Don't cry."

"There, there. Don't cry saeran. Mom is here, everything is going to be alright."

Ray remembered his mom used to comfort him the same way Jaeyun did and he couldn't stop the tears from coming out of his eyes.

"Please don't leave me. Please don't abandon me. P-please s-s-stay with me."

His voice quivered as he takes a shaky breath in.

He grabs onto her shirt tightly afraid that she would be gone when he opens his eyes.

"I'm here. I will never leave you."

Jaeyun said as her eyes filled with tears as well.

How did it become this way?