The hidden truth pt2

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

Ray asked, his eyes all red after the emotional cry.

Jaeyun nods her head and they walked back to her room.

"Drink this. I made camomile tea for you."

Jaeyun smiled and hand Ray a cup of warm tea.

"I don't know if you'll like it."

Jaeyun teased him as he let out a snort.

"This is the first time you made tea for me. I should feel honored."

"Of course. I don't usually make tea for anybody, consider yourself lucky you got to taste it but unfortunately...

"I feel bad that I can't taste anything. What's the point anyways? I am useless."

"Hey, stop dragging yourself down! You know that is not true."

Ray sighed and stared at the tea in his hands blankly.

The atmosphere turns quiet before he broke it off.

"I'm... fine."

Ray mask his sadness with a small smile. He doesn't want to make jaeyun worried but his actions made her even more worried.

"I will be fine because I have you here with me."

Ray hugs her as she stayed unbothered and took a sip of her chamomile tea.

"You've seen all of it happened. Do you still want to be one of us?"

Jaeyun didn't hesitate to answer right away.

"Yes, why not? It doesn't bother me."

Ray expected her to say 'no' but knowing jaeyun, she was stubborn so, of course, she would agree even when she saw how the cleansing process went.

"You will be by my side through it all right, Ray?"

Jaeyun asked. She knew that she can't leave this place because this is where she wants to be.

She has everything here and she ain't about to leave here for anything else.

"Of course. I will stay with you ."

Ray smiled widely.

He wants to leave this place with her but if she doesn't want to, he can't force her to.

"This is where I belong. I want to be here."

"Why? Do you think this place doesn't suit me?"

"No, I just want you to be happy. If you think this is the right place for you then you should stay but jaeyun, I don't want you to suffer as I did. I hope you don't go through what I did. I will try to find a painless way for you to be cleansed. So, don't worry too much, okay?"

"Ray..."

Ray hum and shift his attention from the bed to her.

"What's on your mind?"

"This might seem like I'm going overboard but do you want to run away with me?"

"You want to leave this place? Why?"

"I want to leave this place and travel somewhere far and quiet. Somewhere I can rest and do what I like without having anyone controlling me or forcing me to do something I hate. I want to see the world that I see on the internet. I want to leave my suffering behind here and start anew somewhere nice with you because I like you. I really really like you jaeyun."

"I can make sure you won't have to go through that ever again. I can do that for you if you stay by my side, ray. Thank you for expressing your feelings for me, I like you too but I can't leave this place, I'm sorry. You know since I was little, I always didn't get to make decisions by myself. There is always someone telling me what to do and how to act. This time, I want to make decisions for myself. I want to choose what I want and I want to stay here. I hope you can understand me. I hope you stand beside me and not against me."

"It's that's how you truly feel, I can't stop you but jaeyun just know that what I'm about to do, I do it for you."

Ray smiled.

Ray feels like a weight on his chest has been lifted after he confessed to jaeyun.

They both have mutual feelings for each other but both have different goals.

Ray sat beside Jaeyun in her bed as he played with her hair.

"Good night. Sweet dreams babygirl ."

Ray slowly stood up and took her phone to see the chatroom.

He entered the chatroom and deleted everything.

This has no meaning anymore.