Miss Finkle

"No, I am not going to try that on!" I said running around the house away from my sister. "Come on, Jess, I just need you to try on two more outfits." I ran in the kitchen as she chased me around the counter. I was getting out of breath so I stopped and rested for a minute.

"Just, look..." Harper reached up and put this very ugly hat on me. It weighed a ton as I almost fell over. She pulled it off of me, "Okay, so I need to take a few inches off the hat. Go put on the matching dress."

Just because Harper is older than me, she thinks she is the boss. It is so annoying having to live with her. I have to put on her clothes for her to look at and see if she needs to change them.

We even share the same room. The room is of course split with one side pink with clothes everywhere and the other side that's blue filled with skateboard stickers on the wall.

We have very different personalities, and we live completely different lives. Her best friend is Alex Russo, who I've never met. She talks about her all the time and she hangs out at her house. I don't have any friends.

I'm very quiet and like to be by myself most of the time while she is a social butterfly. She makes straight A's in school while I get lucky enough to make a C.

I struggle with school and learning but she's perfect well all except for her clothes. yikes

Tomorrow will be our first day of school. Alex sounds pretty cool so maybe I'll get to meet her. I don't know if Harper will like that though.

She likes for our worlds to be different. I think she's embarrassed by me. It's cool though tomorrow my only goal will be to make new friends.

Or just a friend. Someone who I can talk to and won't be afraid to be myself. I hope that, that is even possible. Who knows.

"Jess, are you almost done in there it's getting late, come out so I can see it!" I hear Harper call from the kitchen. I look myself in the mirror yep, I look humiliating.

I go downstairs as she smiles and starts to take pictures of me for her collection of embarrassing pictures of Jessica.

After giving back her dresses so she can tailor them, I go downstairs and fix myself leftover dinner. Then, I head back to our room and fall asleep.

The Next Morning...

"Harper, hurry up in there you're going to use up all the hot water!" I yell banging on the bathroom door. However, she can't hear me because she's too busy singing and off pitch if I may add.

I have no time to shower just great. I quickly find something cute to wear in my closet as Harper comes out in one of her ridiculous clothes.

She looked at me and said, "You should hurry up and get ready we have to leave."

I looked at her and said, "I am ready." Her face dropped and said, "Seriously? Umm..okay but at school act like you don't know me okay?"

I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the house and got into her car. She drives very crazy being all over the road. Our parents must have been working late since they didn't get up this morning. I wonder how their show has been doing.

"We're here." Harper says as she parks her car on the side of the road. I look up and say, "The school is two blocks away."

She smiles and says, "I know, so you better run fast." I know what you're thinking - wow that's mean. I know it is believe me but it does help me practice.

I love it only because I am planning on trying out for the track team and it gives me a good practice in the morning.

She drives off as I start running past all of the neighborhoods. Mr. Laritate is going to kill me I swear. Approaching the school, I started walking instead.

The bell rang just as I got inside. Mr. Laritate came out of his office to see me walk in the halls late. "Well, well, what do we have here, Miss Finkle."

I look up, "I'm sorry I'm late, Mr. Laritate, I promise it won't happen again. My sister wanted me to practice for the next track meeting, so I had to run to school this morning."

He saw I was sweating and out of breath so luckily he believed me. He said, "Well, alright Miss Finkle, but I am going to give you detention tomorrow only for being late."

Detention seriously? On the first day of school just great. Now, I'm going to be stuck with all of the other bad students after school tomorrow.

I nodded my head and walked to my first class. The school day dragged on slowly. When it reached time for lunch, I realized I had nobody to sit with. I looked around at the athletes, then the cheerleaders, then the nerds, than there was a kid sitting in the back alone.

I decided to sit with him. He looked younger than me, but it's better than sitting alone. I put down my tray and said, "Can I sit here?"

He looked up and said, "Uh yeah sure go ahead. I'm just building a mashed potato castle." I looked at him playing with his food. I smiled and said, "I'm Jessica."

He said, "My names Max." I started eating as he kept talking. He's honestly a weird kid because he makes absolutely no sense when he talks.

I walked out of the cafeteria alone at least I got to meet somebody even though we didn't really get to hang out that much. This day was not eventful at all.

Thanks for Reading!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I started watching Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney+ and I just wanted to write a Fanfic of it. Comment down below any ideas you may have or if you liked it or didn't.

-Also- I'll be taking character descriptions in the comments for Jessica's new friend! This is a way for one of you to be part of the story. Name, Last Name, Hair/Eye color, Hobbies, Favorite Food, Crush (other than Justin).