Game Night

The week flew by and so did another day of after school track practice, I went to my room and laid down on my bed.

I looked up to see that Harper was over by the mirror putting on lipgloss.

I ask her, "Hey, what are you getting all dressed up for?" She looked very pretty.

She smiled, "Zeke has something planned for the two of us I am so excited!"

She started heading up the stairs as I said to her, "Have a great time."

I don't know if she heard me or anything, but I laid down on my pillow and shut my eyes for one second before Mrs. Russo came down the stairs.

I could tell it was her because when she hit the metal bar above the stairs on her head she said, "Ouch!"

Slowly, I lifted my head back up, "Good afternoon."

She was rubbing her head, "Hunny, there's a boy upstairs that says he wants to see you."

Dang, I know exactly who she's talking about, and I do not want to go face Damon right now.

It felt amazing to have him back in my life now, but things just got complicated because I have a boyfriend now.

I followed Mrs. Russo back up the stairs trying to think of what to say to him when I see him.

Do I tell him that I want to be just friends? Or do I tell him everything about me and Justin?

When I reached the top step to my surprise, I saw Nick Grey standing in the middle of the sub shop.

I walked over to him and asked, "What do you want?"

I had been lucky enough to avoid him at school and it has been so nice, but time has unfortunately caught up with me.

He looked at me, "We have to talk."

I shook my head, "No, we don't, Nick. You left me standing there all by myself. I was humiliated in front of everyone. Just go home."

He kept going, "No, alright? I need to explain to you why I didn't show up till the last minute."

I really didn't feel like listening to him anymore. He already embarrassed me, and I'm done with him.

A voice behind us said, "Is everything alright here?"

We both turned to look as I saw Damon behind us.

I sighed, "Everything is fine. Nick here was just leaving isn't that right?"

He looked at Damon and how much taller he was compared to him and decided to leave.

It was best for both of us if things were just left the way they are.

I don't really need another guy in my life.

Damon asked, "Is everything really okay?"

I nodded my head, "It is now, thanks."

He smiled at me, "No problem."

I didn't know what to say at all because I was very tongue tied at the moment.

He broke the silence, "So, what are we doing today? I was thinking we could go get ice cream or maybe even go skating."

I stopped him and said, "I um have plans."

He asked me, "Oh with who?"

All of a sudden, Alex was walking down the stairs to where we were standing.

I grabbed her arm quickly and said, "With my friend Alex yeah, we were going to have a girls day."

She looked at us confused, "We were?"