Moving In

————————
Real quick A/N
Please say a prayer for my mom. She's in surgery, and they're keeping her for a few days. You may now proceed.
————————

Justin was helping me unload my boxes in their basement. Harper had Alex help her unload her boxes on one side of the room.

We forgave each other yesterday, so hopefully we can put everything behind us.

"And that's the last of it," Justin says as he puts the last box to the floor. I smiled at him.

After confessing that we liked each other, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or to go on any dates with him. I wonder if he's going to.

"Thank you again for helping me. I couldn't have done any of this without your help."

"Don't mention it. I'm happy to help."

He gave me one of his smiles that instantly made me smile right back at him.

"Hey, Justin, I-"

As soon as I was going to ask him about us, his family starts walking down the stairs including my sister Harper.

I muttered under my breath, "Great timing."

Harper was the first one to say something, "Thanks again, Mr. and Mrs. Russo for letting us stay here while our parents are away."

Mrs. Russo said, "It's not a problem at all." Mr. Russo nodded his head and said, "Just don't touch the pudding in the fridge."

I looked at Justin, and he whispered to me, "Dad is very serious about his pudding."

His dad went upstairs followed by his mom, Max, and Justin. It was only me, Harper, and Alex left in the basement which is my new home.

"Oh, Alex, it's going to be so much fun living together! But I thought we were going to get an apartment."

"We are, Harper, but we need to talk to my parents about it first."

"Well, we need to act fast because I want something affordable and really nice."

They're already thinking about moving out? We literally just moved in here. If I had this basement to myself though, I would not complain.

Harper smiles and goes upstairs with everyone else, so I stop to talk to Alex.

"Hey, Alex, wait. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, but I'm not the best at advice but let's hear it."

"Okay, well what if you liked..some guy and you knew for a fact he liked you too but he wasn't doing anything about it and-"

She smiled.

"What?"

"Jess, is there anybody specific you are referring to here? I'm just wondering."

"Well.."

Her eyebrows went up:

"I like Justin okay there I said it

"I like Justin okay there I said it. Do you hate me?" I asked Alex even though I felt like I knew the answer.

"Of course not, plus it's completely obvious. Harper has been acting jealous of you lately, so I knew there was something going on."

"The thing is, is that he admitted to liking me last week, but he hasn't asked me to be his yet."

"My brother isn't very lucky when it comes to dating. Last year, he dated a girl named Juliette and she was a vam-"

She stopped talking and looked away.

"What was that last part?"

"Umm..anyways the point is, Justin is probably scared to get out there again. You'll just have to wait for whenever he's ready."

I nodded my head, "Alright, thanks for talking to me, Alex. I appreciate it."

"Of course, we're like sisters now."

She turned around and walked back upstairs leaving me to my thoughts and all of my boxes.

I looked down and something caught my eye. It was the picture of me and Damon.

I pulled it out and looked at how happy we were together. I start wondering if I made the right choice of staying behind.

My parents leave tomorrow, and I'm going to have to say goodbye to them. I look at Damon's face one more time before turning the picture over.

I miss him so much.

Thanks for Reading!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Comment down below and give it a Star!
Thanks Again!