The News

Wednesday came around, and my family was so busy getting everything packed. The rooms were completely empty.

I haven't even been able to tell them yet that I am not leaving with them. Justin asked his parents, and they told him that they didn't mind.

This week, I decided to spend more time with my parents than with Justin.

It was hard but these are the last few moments I'll have with them before they are gone.

"Okay, are we forgetting anything?"

"No, hun, I think that's everything." My dad says to my mom as they are checking every room.

"Good because I am exhausted. Once we get to Romania, I am definitely visiting the spa."

I walked up to them, "Mom, dad, can I please talk to you guys? It's about Romania."

My mom smiled, "I know dear, you're excited to go."

I shook my head, "Actually, I'm not going at all. I've decided to stay here."

Harper came down the stairs saying, "Oh my gosh, you're doing it again. It's happening again. I can't believe you!"

I asked her very confused, "Happening again? What are you talking about?"

She explained, "You're being friends with Alex, and you're crushing on Justin. It's happening again!

In Romania, I liked Damon and you just had to have him. As for Abigale and Presley, I'm the one who introduced you to them!

Then, they totally shut me out. Ugh, you're stealing my life!"

She then proceeded to storm back in our room and lock the door.

My mom came up to me, "Hunny, please tell me you're not staying here only because of Justin."

"Not only because of him, I made a new friend at school to her name is Ivy."

My dad stepped in, "Jess."

I couldn't lie to him, "Look, I haven't felt this way in a long time about a boy. Please just let me stay."

They both exchanged looks between each other, "If the Russos don't mind, then you may stay with your sister. If they call us though, you will be put on a plane immediately do you understand?"

All I heard was you may stay and that was enough to get me to jump up and down, "Thank you thank you thank you!!"

My dad said to me, "Now, you should go fix things with your sister alright?"

"Alright, dad, of course."

I slowly stepped up the stairs and knocked on our bedroom door.

"Harper, can you open the door?"

"No, I most certainly won't. Congratulations, Jess, you got everything you want just like always."

I tried picking the lock with my Bobby pin, but it didn't work.

"Just open the door, Harper, I want to talk to you please."

"Go away, I am done talking to you."

"Please, I didn't know that you felt like that and you're right."

She didn't say anything after that, so I kept going.

"I never knew why you always treated me so bad, but now I do. I haven't been a good sister to you and I'm sorry.

I'm not going to try and deny that me and Alex haven't gotten closer because we have.

And I'm not going to try and deny that I don't like Justin because I know I do.

I was wrong for stealing your friends away in Romania. It was very selfish on my part, and I just...I hope you can forgive me."

I have said all that needed to be said.

I began walking away as I heard the lock on the door shift to unlocked.

She opened the door with tears that had fallen down her cheeks.

"I accept your apology. I just wish people wouldn't look at me as Jessica's older sister."

"Please, Harper, if anything they always call me Harper's sister. Besides, I could never take Alex away from you. You guys are like sisters."

She shook her head, "No, Alex is my best friend. You're my sister, and I'm sorry to."

I smiled at her, "All is forgiven."

We hugged it out and finally finally made peace with each other.

Hopefully now, we will have a clean slate.

"By the way, you might want to use my toothpaste tonight."

I gave her a confused look, "Why?"

"Because yours is not really toothpaste."

Okay, now we have a clean slate..hopefully.

Thanks for Reading!
Sorry this chapter is short.
However, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Comment down below and give it a Star!
Thanks again!