The mean girl, the eel, the stalker, and the geek

It was almost time for the finale. There where only four competitors left. Heather, Alejandro, Sierra and Cody.

I had never expected Cody to reach so far. But, I was proud of him. Of course, he didn't know that because he didn't know anything about what was going on in my brain about him right now. I suspected that he was fully focused on winning.

Tyler, Owen and I decided to host a movie night in one of our rooms so that we could watch the new episode. It was airing early. We decided to have the night take place in DJ's, mostly because it was the cleanest, and he got the best wifi signal.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Owen asked me as we walked down the hall. Courtney had instructed us to bring the drinks, and we had decided to grab anything we could find, mostly because we where to lazy to do any planning.

"My bet's on Alejandro."

Owen tilted his head. "You aren't rooting for Cody?"

I looked over at him as we turned the corner. "No. Sure, he's gotten this far, but he can't compete with Heather and Alejandro directly. He had a team to hold his scrawny shoulders for a while, and then after the merge, Sierra was keeping him afloat. There's no way he's going to get anywhere."

"You know Sierra is still in the game, right?"

I shrugged and stopped at the elevator and pressed the down arrow. It lit up a deep orange. "I know, but I doubt she'll get far either. But, we'd just have to see."

The elevator dinged and Owen and I stepped inside. I pressed the main floor button and the doors closed. We where in the elevator alone, witch meant no weird random conversation with strangers. It finally reached the main floor, and Owen and I rushed out and towards the small cafe.

"Hi, we're here to pick up an order for Noah?" I told the boy at the counter. He nodded and picked up a huge box from behind the counter.

"There you go boys. Enjoy. My votes on Cody winning." He said. I huffed, took the box, and even though my arms felt numb, I carried it all the way up to DJ's room. Owen nocked on the door and DJ opened it smiling. It smelt like lavender inside his room.

"Hey guys, you got the drinks!"

I dropped the box carefully, and DJ picked it up. He brought it into his room and placed it on the table. Owen and I stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"We should go." I whispered to Owen. I didn't give him time to respond, and walked away from DJ's room towards my own, witch was down the hall. Owen followed me.

"Seriously Noah, what's wrong?"

I turned around, fuming. "You wanna know what's wrong?! I want to see Cody so badly, and I just want to tell him how I feel, and I'm proud of him for getting into the finial four. I want to let go off all this extra weight on my back, I want to get my true feelings out, and I want to tell Cody how I feel about him!"

Owen bit his lip. I took a deep breath and sniffed. I could feel some crying coming on again.

"It'll be okay buddy. Don't worry. I know that relationships can be tough. When Izzy broke up with me, I didn't know what to do and I felt awful. At least you didn't have to sing a song about it."

I turned back around to stop Owen from seeing me cry.

"Whatever." I grumbled.

—-
"I'm still betting on Heather winning."

"Really? I'd say it's going to be Alejandro!"

Everyone kept bickering among each other when Owen and I arrived at DJ's room that night. A lot of people where betting on Alejandro and Heather, but one or two where talking about Cody, such as Harold, Bridgette and Lashawna. I went and took a iced tea from the coffee table and leaned in a corner, my back foot on the wall. Owen joined me after grabbing some chips.

"Aren't you gonna talk to anyone?"

I grunted. "Don't feel like it."

Owen broke a chip in half and threw it into his mouth. "Okay, just tell me if you need anything buddy."

He walked away.

"Mhm. Sure. Like I'd need anything." I whispered, more to myself than anyone else.

Soon enough, to my dismay, Gwen walked over to me. I looked up and rolled my eyes.

"What can I do for you, boyfriend stealer?"

Gwen crossed her arms. "Is that all I'm known as around here?"

I crossed my arms, mimicking her ghostly figure. "I suppose so."

"Can we talk?" She asked. I raised a brow, and popped my hip out in a way that made me look even more gay than I already was.

"Okay, spill the beens sis."

Gwen cleared her throat. "Like, alone?"

I rolled my eyes again. "Yeah sure."

I followed her out into the hall, where we stood about three feet apart. Gwen didn't talk for a while, so I had to nudge her in the right direction.

"I don't have all night Princess."

She glared at me through her matted hair. "Now you just sound like Duncan. I just wanted to say, that I'm sorry about how I fucked up your relationship with Cody."

I huffed. I wasn't expecting that. But she clearly didn't mean it.

"No you aren't."

She leaned against the wall. "Yes I am."

"I don't believe you. Cody's stupid to fall for a self-centred, cold-harted bitch like you."

Gwen took a step back. "Well he shouldn't have taken my bra! I've been looking for that thing since season one!"

I took a step closer to her. "You wanna know something about you, Gwenevere Ingrid? You have some sort of weird superpower. You can make innocent boys fall for you, and then when you earn their trust, you break them!" I continued to step closer and closer to her. I could hear the TV playing inside, so I knew the show had started. But I wanted to end this argument now.

"Like what you did to Trent. You made the guy hurt himself, you made him throw challenges just to get your attention, but what did you do? NOTHING. It's like you like seeing boys go crazy for you. You're like Chris. You like seeing people go through pain just for your own enjoyment. And you prey on helpless boys like Cody. You fuck a lot of boys up Gwen, and you know it. You know it, and you like it. Your the weird goth girl, so maybe your persona is just to much for guys to handle. And then you blame it on them, and make them destroy themselves. You're a monster, Gwen, and boys of the future would be assholes to trust you."

Gwen was smirking now. By this time, I had stepped closer and closer to her so that we where half way across the hall. I was breathing heavily, like a rabid dog who had just killed a rabbit. No...that's what Gwen was. A rabid dog, who's just killed helpless rabbits, but she wasn't planning on eating them.

After staring at Gwen for a moment, I turned around briskly and went back to DJ's room. Everyone was sitting by the Tv, and I heard Sierra's and Chris' voice on the TV. Chris sounded furious. Sierra sounded sad.

"Dude!" Owen called me over. "You've got to come see this!"

I walked over to the TV and gasped.

Cody had made it to the final three.