Chapter 4

I run onto the track, and pick up Tris. I run her inside to the tiny section of the Dauntless we have reserved for the wounded and a small hospital. Tris whispers a couple words, before going unconscious because of blood loss,

"He did this"

I don't understand what she means, but she falls unconscious before I can ask her anything.

*Tris pov b4 the hospital*

Tobias leaves my room, leaving me with Mathew.

"Gotta go!" Mathew shouts over his shoulder as he lets himself out of my room, and another person slips in.

The person drags a bottle of whiskey up to his mouth and drinks it. He wills himself over to me, and says something in an unforgettable deadly voice.

"You should have died back there!" He brings a knife up to my heart, when I get up and run.

I look at the face, and catch a blur of old facial features. Gray hairs, and an Abnegation haircut that's over grown. I run and collapse in front of the not moving train. I see Zeke in the drivers seat, and then Tobias pokes his head out, his hands pressed over his ears.

I didn't even realize I was screaming, or why. I suddenly hunch over, unable to control myself. My hands find my shoulder, and pull a bloody knife out of the whole. I scream again, and Tobias is picking me up, his strong arms carrying me.

How did the knife even find its way into my shoulder? when I was running? It had to be.

Tobias lays me on the hospital bed, and I know I'm losing a lot of blood. I say something before I'm totally gone.

"He did this"

Marcus Eaton did this to me.